Dell Tech & Customer Support - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dell Tech & Customer Support

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dell Tech & Customer Support

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:11 pm

Wow they can put someone that speaks fluent English on the other end of the phone any time now! :-t
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:16 pm

Whenever I call I get someone who speaks English they just have a very thick Indian accent. ;-)
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:29 pm

This is why you should just build your own computer...Its about 10 times better, cheaper, and you don't have to deal with customer suckport
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:34 pm

acsguitar wrote:This is why you should just build your own computer...Its about 10 times better, cheaper, and you don't have to deal with customer suckport

Honestly I almost never have to call them. The idiots however installed the wrong CD burning software from what I had ordered. After spending 45 minutes either trying to explain the situation to someone that couldn't understand me or someone that couldn't help me and being put on hold for eternity, I ended up just emailing customer support the issue and within 20 minutes had a reply back apologizing for the screwup and that they were sending out the correct software immediately.

It cracks me up that when you call they all have American names too. Dude your name is not Colin!
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby logan » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:35 pm

all non-corporate callers get re-routed to india for outsourced tech problems. the corporations had a big problem with this and since that is dell's bread and butter they gave in and they get people here in america. now i dont personally mind speaking to someone from india as long as they know what they are doing and i can more or less understand them.but the problem lies in the 2 ive ever spoken to had no clue what they were doing (and the problem was a blown pixel on my montior out of the box. 2 hours of having these people telling me to do different things that i knew from the start would not work to then have them say well it must be a blown pixel.) i have since just figured out my comp problems (while being few) and fixed them myself. and will definetly be building my own for my next compy.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nsulham » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:55 pm

Funny you bring this up.

My parents just got a new Dell about a month ago and within a few weeks the hard drive already crapped out on them. My dad called tech support and within five minutes of trying to talk to the Indian guy, my dad hung up because he couldn't take it anymore.

So me, being the "computer expert" of the bunch, had to talk with the guy and try to figure it out. Good times :-°
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RugbyD » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:57 pm

I'll be getting a new desktop in the next month or 2 and was wondering what route I should take. I'll be spending $1000-1500. I've seen some nice deals on Dells and Gateways and a few Vaios, but I'm inclined to build my own b/c i know the other ones will come with all sorts of useless programs and other crap i don't need or want.

The problem is I can;t actually do the building. I'm very computer-literate, but not computer savvy, if that makes sense. I can solve many problems on my own, but for big stuff I'm useless and would really need a tech support line to run to. Any suggestions?
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:58 pm

RugbyD wrote:I'll be getting a new desktop in the next month or 2 and was wondering what route I should take. I'll be spending $1000-1500. I've seen some nice deals on Dells and Gateways and a few Vaios, but I'm inclined to build my own b/c i know the other ones will come with all sorts of useless programs and other crap i don't need or want.

The problem is I can;t actually do the building. I'm very computer-literate, but not computer savvy, if that makes sense. I can solve many problems on my own, but for big stuff I'm useless and would really need a tech support line to run to. Any suggestions?

I'll put together a computer for you for way less then that!!! I can build you a sick desktop for $1,000 bucks... I have a solid Ebay and Paypal rep and if you wanted I'd build you a sick system. Don't get a gateway, compaq, hp, or anything like that..If you are gonna go name brand I guess get a Dell...but letting me build it would be the best!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Jivedude » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:36 pm

acsguitar wrote:This is why you should just build your own computer...Its about 10 times better, cheaper, and you don't have to deal with customer suckport

Yep! ;-D
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:14 pm

Agreed. ;-D I had someone help me build a really nice one recently for just under $1500 and I figure it would cost me at least $2000+ from Dell or Gateway. Plus the parts are superior and it's easier to expand/upgrade. The only downsides are no tech support (if that's really a downside based on personal experience) and it is a little overwhelming the first couple times you build one, but it's definitely the way to go IMO. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk