Mark Mulder...where does he go? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Mulder...where does he go?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Mulder...where does he go?

Postby davidmarver » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:54 pm

Where should Mark Mulder be picked in a 14 team H2H 6x6 (OPS, holds) league?

His first half last year was incredible and pitching for St. Louis he should win close to 20.

Do you think middle of fourth round is too early? Would you select Carlos Zambrano in front of him?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:57 pm

I cannot believe I am saying this but I would be extremely frightened if Mulder was my #1. (And he IS in the shockwave dynasty!)

I am afraid of his injuries, and his K rate is frightening.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:48 pm

No way in hell I take him in the 4th, and no way in hell do I pass on Zambrano for him. I am not drafting Mulder this year, someone else will pick him way too early. I would only feel fine with him as my 4th.....him as my 3rd even would make me edgy.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:52 pm

I'd definately take Zam ahead of him but I like Mulder for this season. I think he'll post very good numbers. Being in StL helps every single facet of his game; run support, much better ballpark, no DH... a whole lotta plusses. And everybody is avoiding him.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jbones733 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:53 pm

i think hes gonna be awesome, national league, much better ball club, bounce back season 20 is not out of the reach at all, only thing is poor k's if you can live w that hell be golden, hes too good
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jeff926 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:59 pm

bones, your basketball team is sick
you heard it here...
Seattle Mariners 2007 World Series Champs!
Felix Hernandez = 35 wins, 400K!
i can dream...
jeff926
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:11 pm

LBJackal wrote:I'd definately take Zam ahead of him but I like Mulder for this season. I think he'll post very good numbers. Being in StL helps every single facet of his game; run support, much better ballpark, no DH... a whole lotta plusses. And everybody is avoiding him.

He had a 6.13 ERA after the AS Break in one of the best pitchers parks in the AL. I thought that the collesium would be a much better pitchers park than Busch.... :-? just wondering how it is a better park than in Oakland...?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:12 pm

RynMan wrote:No way in hell I take him in the 4th, and no way in hell do I pass on Zambrano for him. I am not drafting Mulder this year, someone else will pick him way too early. I would only feel fine with him as my 4th.....him as my 3rd even would make me edgy.

You must like to build some ridiculous rotations. I'd be fine with Mulder as my second starter, let alone my 4th...I'd be a little nervous with him as my ace, but then again, in one league I'm in I would love to have him as my ace...we are close to 100 picks in and I still don't have a SP. :-o
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby NZF » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:14 pm

LBJackal wrote: but I like Mulder for this season. I think he'll post very good numbers. Being in StL helps every single facet of his game; run support, much better ballpark, no DH... a whole lotta plusses. And everybody is avoiding him.

Amazingly I agree. I'd be reasonably comfortable taking him in the middle of the 4th round in a 14 team league and would be more than happy with him as my No. 2 starter. He will be largely undervalued this season.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:14 pm

The Coliseum a hitters park. Busch is a pitchers park, and cuts down on HR's big time.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers