Rank the top four fantasy players of 2005 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rank the top four fantasy players of 2005

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:55 am

Yoda wrote:8-o Tejada is a solid player but I'll take the faster guy with a career OPS of .955 versus .808 any time, any day. Even in his worst season since 1997, Arod still outperformed Tejada.

That's really a unfair comparision. Arods ops was influenced alot hitting in the Kingdome and TBIA. He now hits in a tough place for RHB. Tejada is been getting better year by year, while Arod since 00 has declined in ops, rc/27 each year. Since 01, Arods road ops in recent years is about .930. Tejada had a .893 ops last year to Arods .883. The gap isn't much, considering Tejada is entering his power years. I think Tejada has a 50/50 shot of outearning Arod this year.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby jeff926 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:08 am

ARod
Pujols
Beltran
R. Johnson

Arod have an off year last year, but you can't deny his power and speed from taht position. Pujols would normally be #1 for me, but he does that foot problem. Beltran is awesome, but we'll see how he does against better pitching in the NL East. Johnson is the #1 pitcher by far in my mind. The man is unstoppable, and when he gets his run support, he is going to have absolutely ridiculous numbers. but... if you have obp, bonds kills them all.
you heard it here...
Seattle Mariners 2007 World Series Champs!
Felix Hernandez = 35 wins, 400K!
i can dream...
jeff926
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SPEEDY » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:39 am

Well this is kind of like a prediction but heres my top 4 for 2005

1.Vladimir Guerrero ( SB will just keep going down but everything else is there and will be for awhile)
2.Alex Rodriguez (hes ready to step up in NY)
3.Carlos Beltran (depends what kind of lg sbs is the main reason so high)
4.Albert Puljos (don't think he will play hurt this year might see some time off during the season)

Honerable mention Carlos Delgado (huge year coming up for him)
SPEEDY
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:43 am

Top 4 hitters:
Pujols
A-rod
Beltran
Vlad

Top 4 pitchers:
Johan
RJ
Schmidt
Hudson
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jeff926 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:50 am

how can you put santana over johnson for pitching? johnson was better in every category except wins, and that was because he played on a minor league team last year. now he goes to play for one of the top offenses in the majors, and he will bring these numbers to new york. you can't rank santana over him. in a keeper league, cool. but not in a one year deal.

pitchers:
RJ
Santana
everyone else
you heard it here...
i can dream...
jeff926
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Drdobs » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:50 am

I agree with the previous post...

These four guys are really so close..

Pujols
A-Rod
Beltran
Vlad

It's almost certain one of those guys is going to put up better than their average numbers this year while another will put up weaker numbers, you just can't tell who it's going to be.

I've never been one to really believe that league's are won in the first round anyhow. The fallout from the 1st pick to 10th or 12th pick is usually more of a factor of luck than it is skill.

We ALL know who the top 10-15 guys are in baseball and outside of Shock-and-Awe "shocking" us with that absurd Richie Sexson choice <wink> it's just a matter of who's going to be healthy and put up better than their average numbers.

The key is knowing who to draft in the mid to late rounds that is going to produce positive fantasy numbers for your team. Last year a guy like Pat Burrell went undrafted in many league's, yet produced well in the first half in both homers and RBI's. While everybody was wining about no quality 2nd baseman in the league and how it was so shallow, they continued to let Mark Lorretta slide to the 16th - 20th rounds too...

Most of fantasy is about hitter/pitcher production of stats, I think you are half way to victory if you can just keep guys on your team that are producing, even if they aren't putting up spectacular numbers, just being there day in and day out and compiling stats...

My two cents.....(maybe three)

Jon
Drdobs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:00 am

jeff926 wrote:how can you put santana over johnson for pitching? johnson was better in every category except wins, and that was because he played on a minor league team last year. now he goes to play for one of the top offenses in the majors, and he will bring these numbers to new york. you can't rank santana over him. in a keeper league, cool. but not in a one year deal.

pitchers:
RJ
Santana
everyone else

I tend to only look at fantasy baseball from a keeper standpoint, since I'm only in a keeper league. I'm a little concerned about RJ's knees and the lack of cartiledge. Also concerned about Schmidt and Prior but when healthy, all of them are forces.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jeff926 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:05 am

ok, that makes more sense then.
you heard it here...
i can dream...
jeff926
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers