Who is the Santana, Sheets, Zambrano this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is the Santana, Sheets, Zambrano this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby shortsavage » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:33 pm

red wrote:
Doc19 wrote:How about Adam Eaton... the guy has got great stuff, K's a lot of batters... and pitches at PETCO

Also, Victor Zambrano has also shown flashes of brilliance, surrounded by a fair share of forgettable outings... if somehow he could pull it altogether he might be a bargain this year...

LOL
Dude, I agree with you. Now be prepared to field the barrage of anti-Zambrano posts...

Victor Zambrano was a great prospect three years ago. He and Carlos were on the same level back then. However, Victor will be turing 30 this season. I don't think he will suddenly shatter his career marks.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:47 pm

They've all been listed here, but Burnett, Harden, and Haren would be my top 3.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby davidmarver » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:48 pm

Adam Eaton. Look at Jason Schmidt's stats through the same amount of seasons as Eaton. Both pitchers are fairly similar in style and statistics. Look for a big year.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:56 pm

Grienke I think is a stud and will be this year. He will drop in a draft do to playing for KC and a drop in Wins, but how about getting a solid contribution in ERA, WHIP, and K's from a mid-round pitcher? No he won't be the tops in majors in Wins, but if you can get him in mid-rounds he will really round out a staff and help.

I think greatest potential to blow up into a star is Harden. Huge upside, only problem is he is now the "ace" in Oakland. He has the added pressure plus he'll be matched up against other aces.

On another note, I like Victor Zambrano. I don't think he is a super sleeper, but he might be a late bloomer. He's almost 30 but it isn't like he came up 10 years ago, been in the majors since 2001 and then only threw 50 innings. Zambrano is still learning and can strike out a decent number of batters. Will he put it together this year, or ever? Right, like anyone knows the answer to that question. Will be an interesting mid-late pick as a gamble.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby sagecoll » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:55 pm

Keep an eye out for kazmir big strikeout numbers but playing in tampa he wont get run support, alot like nolan ryan because he has good stuff but he also walks alot of batters and doesnt always get done in the win collumn.

Also look out for phillies fourth starter and star prospect Gavin Floyd. In his 6 starts at the end of last season he went 2-0 and had a very good era, not to mention he averaged a strikeout per an inning.

Keep an eye out for Dan Meyer also, the main guy in the Tim Hudson, also he is another one of Billie Beane's favorites. He is currently the 5th starter in the rotation and he is just as good as Dan Haren.

Look for pirates starter John Van Benshoten to have a good mid season impact like oliver perez did last year.
sagecoll
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Real Deal » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:18 am

i too vote for eaton and greinke.
Real Deal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rico The Retard » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:20 am

Rich Harden is the guy atop my list ;-D
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:49 am

Glendon Rusch and Shawn Chacon.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby giants8307 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:53 am

lowry and burnett are who I'm looking at this year.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby firemanx » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:33 am

my late round guys in my leagues that im looking @ are AJ Burnett, Greinke, Adam Eaton, and Noah Lowry.

Also if you are in a keeper league grab Mike Gonzalez for a 1$ or 2$ and play him this yr to lower your whip and era, and rack up K's. If your league uses holds he will benefit you there, and when the Jose Mesa implosion happens he will be the new closer.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2356864#2356864

firemanx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers