Who Do I pick next???? Keeper league. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who Do I pick next???? Keeper league.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jeff926 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:38 pm

is thome really worth a 2nd round pick? if you are looking for power, just wait for ortiz or teixeira and pick up your speed. crawford seems like the best choice, but ichiro is on a much better team and the worlds worst manager, bob melvin, isn't there anymore, so ichiro will run and score more
you heard it here...
Seattle Mariners 2007 World Series Champs!
Felix Hernandez = 35 wins, 400K!
i can dream...
jeff926
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jeff926 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:38 pm

sorry... i mean that ichiro is on a much better team than last year
you heard it here...
Seattle Mariners 2007 World Series Champs!
Felix Hernandez = 35 wins, 400K!
i can dream...
jeff926
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:40 pm

I feel Prior is the better pick in a keeper league... Crawford is over ratted just because he could steal 70 bases... (just my opinion..obviously many disagree)

Prior is the best young POWER pitcher in baseball..(imho) If it wasn't for last season's set-back (which ALL great pitchers go through some type of injuries, and growing pains) Prior would be a top 3-5 overall pick in a keeper format... Keep in mind Prior is still only 24, and his pitching intelligence hasn't left him, and he still has 4 nasty pitches... Over the next 3 years Prior will be the MUCH better pick than Crawford... :-)
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:42 pm

Irish wrote:I like Sheets more then Perez though. If Prior and Crawford are gone I'll take a big bat and 5 picks later take whichever pitcher is left, probably sheets or Perez.

But if I had to decide between the 2 I like Sheets more. Maybe I'm wrong, but both players play for mediocre teams and Sheets numbers were better last year weren't they?

I don't think you can go wrong with either, Sheets or Perez... Personally I would target Sheets.. (his olympic domination, before ever becomming a Major leaguer..sold me!)
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rippz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:17 pm

I would go with Prior. He was a Top 5 pick in keepers last year going right around the spot that Santana is going this year. Crawford is great but Prior is the #1 keeper pitcher out there and you get him in the 2nd. Grab Pierre a round or two later and you will be fine.
rippz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

NO QUESTION

Postby MLBSTAR » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:19 pm

This is such an easy choice.
It is obvious that Prior is the better pick over crawford.
Prior can win you atleast 4 cats while crawford only helps SB
Prior a proven wonder... crawford (WOW.. he can run)

In 2003, Mark was perhaps the most impressive hurler on a Cubs staff full of outstanding arms and made the National League All-Star team. He picked up 18 wins for the Central Division champions to go with his 2.43 ERA, both tops on the Cubs. He finished the season third in the league in wins, 10th in innings pitched (211.1), second in strikeouts (245), third in ERA, and third in WHIP (1.10). Mark also tossed three complete games last season, good enough for seventh in the National League, and added two wins and a complete game in the 2003 post season.

Mark was the second overall pick in the 2001 draft. As a collegiate star at USC, he enjoyed one of the greatest seasons ever for a college pitcher, going 15-1 with a 1.69 ERA. He struck out 202 batters in just 138.2 innings that season, and in two seasons at USC compiled a record of 25-8.
MLBSTAR
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Irish » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:59 pm

The guy before me took Crawford, which made my decision easy. I'm taking Prior and looking for probably Sheff/Thome/Young/Edmonds to fall to me.

I'll probably post again when I have another group of guys to choose from, thanks for all the help. ;-D
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers