YAHOO ELIGIBILITY - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

YAHOO ELIGIBILITY

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

YAHOO ELIGIBILITY

Postby Bobblehead » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:26 pm

I believe that Yahoo's position eligibility rule last year was 15 games at a particular position to become eligible. How does that correlate to this year? Take a player like Aubrey Huff who played 87 games at 3B and 38 games at 1B last year. Will he start this year in Yahoo eligible at both 1B and 3B? Will they take the position that he played the most games at and just give him 3B to begin with or go with 1B, which is where he is believed to be playing most this year?

This question is not really about Huff in particular but about any player who had more than 15 games at two different positions last year.
Bobblehead
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:28 pm

Huff will be 1B/3B. ;-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ensanimal » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:32 pm

any player with more than 15 games at any position will be available for all those positions. to gain new elig this year, it seems they changed their rules. start 5 games at a pos, or make 10 appearances. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby RugbyD » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:00 pm

Anyone want to lay out odds on whether Craig Wilson will regain C eligibility under the new rules?
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby BGbootha » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:04 pm

10 appearences could really throw some guys open, by mid season you could have quite a few guys with multi-eligibility
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby riverrat » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:13 pm

go here http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlb/players
this looks like the 2005 position elig. chart...if they are not done updating yet
Huff only be 3B
Wilson RF/1B
Figgins 3B/CF

Only listing 2 positions here if qualified. Dont know if its a typo or what. Figgins played 20g at 2B last year and should be eligible but not showing.
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:22 pm

Huff will probably be 1B/3B/OF. I'm pretty sure he started at least 5 games in RF. And this is pretty big: Hafner will qualify at 1B since he played 11 games there. And Figgins gets SS added to his long list of positions as well. I'm sure there are more... Teix just missed OF by one game; he only started 4 in RF.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:24 pm

LBJackal wrote:Huff will probably be 1B/3B/OF. I'm pretty sure he started at least 5 games in RF. And this is pretty big: Hafner will qualify at 1B since he played 11 games there. And Figgins gets SS added to his long list of positions as well. I'm sure there are more... Teix just missed OF by one game; he only started 4 in RF.

They don't gain eligibility from last years fielding appearances. It's still 15 games. The 5/10 rule is just for in-season eligibility. ;-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:27 pm

Amazinz wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Huff will probably be 1B/3B/OF. I'm pretty sure he started at least 5 games in RF. And this is pretty big: Hafner will qualify at 1B since he played 11 games there. And Figgins gets SS added to his long list of positions as well. I'm sure there are more... Teix just missed OF by one game; he only started 4 in RF.

They don't gain eligibility from last years fielding appearances. It's still 15 games. The 5/10 rule is just for in-season eligibility. ;-D

Not acording to good old Lloyd:

Lloyd wrote:Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.

If a player started 5 games at a position last season, he will have that eligibility for this years game. And if a player starts 5 games at a new position this year, he will gain that eligibility in the game.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Lloyd

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:28 pm

Amazinz is right, this isn't big, its only big if there is someone like Mike Young from last year; if they are switching positions this year, they'll gain it faster.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers