Mock2 TEAM - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Mock2 TEAM

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mock2 TEAM

Postby TheGrump » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:24 pm

Hey guys.

I just finished a draft on the website called Mock Draft 2. You can view the forum here http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... .php?f=117
. I had some good picks and I had some suspect picks... Anyway, how would you rate my team?????

The Grumps

C- Mike Piazza 13.8
1B-Aubrey Huff 4.5
2B- Jose Vidro 12.5
SS- Nomar Garciaparra 3.8
3B- Mike Lowell 9.8
OF- Gary Sheffield 2.5
OF- Vernon Wells 6.5
OF- Sammy Sosa 10.5
Util- Luis Gonzalez 15.8

SP- Randy Johnson 1.8
SP- Roy Halladay 5.8
RP- Octavio Dotel 8.5
RP- Danny Graves 11.8
P- Josh Beckett 7.8
P- Greg Maddux 14.5
P- LaTroy Hawkins 16.5

Bn- Jarrod Washburn (SP) 20.5
Bn-Dontrelle Willis (SP) 18.5
Bn- Jason Giambi (1B, DH) 19.8
Bn- Pat Burrell (OF) 17.8
Bn- Frank Thomas (DH) 21.8
TheGrump
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shadowmaster28 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:47 pm

To tell you the truth .. I don't see any glaring weaknesses in your team! Great job of drafting. ;-D B-)
St. Louis Cardinals ... going to the series again this season ... but with a different outcome .. World Series Champs .. 2005!!
Shadowmaster28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:09 pm

1st 2 picks were pretty solid Grump. I absolutely love RJ this yr - he could be the fantasy MVP when its all said and done. I fully expect Sheff to have a monster yr as his stats were actually down last yr and he was playing through an injury. Both were great picks.

Im sorry, but Nomar in the 3rd was an awful pick - especially when Gagne went right after him. Im not a big fan of drafting Closers early, but I do understand their value in roto leagues. The guy was a top 15 overall player even last yr when he seemed to have a down yr, and you had a chance to grab him in the 3rd. Closers are not one cat guys. You even drafted Nomar ahead of Young. That was either a complete homer pick or you have unreasonable expectations for him. Even if you do think he is going to outearn Young he would have still been available to you in the 4th.

I like Huff in the 4th and Halladay in the 5th - solid picks.

You cant argue too much with Wells in the 6th, but I think Lee or Keith Foulke would have been a better pick - Wells isnt getting much help this yr.

Beckett in the 7th was a great pick.

You got lucky Dotel lasted that long - but a great pick regardless. You needed that closer.

Lowell in the 9th was robbery.

Im not gonna say Sosa in the 10th was a good pick - I just see him fading faster and faster.

At this point you need SBs badly, BA, SPs, and closers.

You should have taken Colon in the 11th instead of Graves. Graves really fell apart after the AS break last yr - and he is a huge risk to lose the closer job heading into ST.

Vidro in the 12th was a decent pick - although you still need SBs. You could have waited a round and drafted Castillo.

Piazza and Maddux in the 13-14th were good picks - about where I expect those two to go. Piazza sure has fallen, but 13th rd is about where his upside meets his downside.

Gonzo in the 15th was a good pick - still need SBs though.

Solid late rd picks too. ;-)

Why did you punt SBs? You have a decent team, but your not going to win any roto leagues when you punt a catagory like SBs.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheGrump » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:44 pm

I didn't try to punt SBs, but this draft weighted them much more heavily than any other league that I've been in. I tried to go with a best player available strategy, and just because someone stole bases, I was not hell bent on drafting him. It may be a big mistake and it may pay off. Overall, I thought steals were overvalued in this draft.

Danny Graves should be better this year and I believe that he will play to the level that I drafted him. I'm not 100% sure about the pick, but he will see more opprotunities with an improved rotation and supporting bullpen cast.
TheGrump
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team