who would you rather have?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:27 am

Teixeira
92%
Blalock
8%

Total votes : 51

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:48 pm

Well I have to say Tex blew him out of the water here. I also thought Tex would have a better year than Blalock but I thought it was going to be a lot closer than what it is. Blalock has had a horrible year, Im sure it will be somewhat closer next year.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:17 pm

i really don't understand people's confidence in blalock to improve. he's a solid 30 HR/.850 OPS guy, but that's his ceiling. he'll have bad years like this and he'll have normal ones where he does what he did last year, but teix... his ceiling is like 45-50 HR/.950-1.000 OPS. blalock has been up longer and has just about maxed out his potential. teix improved from last year and will probably improve again next year. he's just a more talented ball player. :-]
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:51 pm

George_Foreman wrote:i really don't understand people's confidence in blalock to improve. he's a solid 30 HR/.850 OPS guy, but that's his ceiling. he'll have bad years like this and he'll have normal ones where he does what he did last year, but teix... his ceiling is like 45-50 HR/.950-1.000 OPS. blalock has been up longer and has just about maxed out his potential. teix improved from last year and will probably improve again next year. he's just a more talented ball player. :-]

Well, Teixeira is obviously more talented based on the fact that his numbers in 04 were already at par or above Blalock's.

However, I have to strongly disagree that Blalock has a limited ceiling. He is still only 25 years old and showed glimpses of his immense talent. One of these years he will put it all together.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:35 pm

Before I write this, keep in mind that I also voted for Tex but.......I refuse to pat anyone on the back or myself for that matter. We are talking about a former 1st round pick (5th overall) who had the following stats the past 2 years:

.259-66-26-84
.281-101-38-112

Over his short career, he has shown improvement and he ran with it this year. I don't consider myself a rocket scientist because he did just that. Blalock is fine in his own right and will get better. It's just taking him a little longer.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers