teixeira vs blalock - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

teixeira vs blalock

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

who would you rather have?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:27 am

Teixeira
47
92%
Blalock
4
8%
 
Total votes : 51

Tex

Postby kev921 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:13 am

Tex, because of the rumor of him getting some time in the outfield. Think of the flexibility of moving him between 1st & OF? Sounds good to me.
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 657
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kauffman Stadium

Tex

Postby kev921 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:13 am

Tex, because of the rumor of him getting some time in the outfield. Think of the flexibility of moving him between 1st & OF? Sounds good to me.
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 657
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kauffman Stadium

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:27 am

oddmanout7 wrote:I like Tex, i think he has the higher ceiling. Also Blalock plays at a deep position.


Isn't 1B deeper than 3B? :-?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:37 am

Yoda wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:I like Tex, i think he has the higher ceiling. Also Blalock plays at a deep position.


Isn't 1B deeper than 3B? :-?
I think it is about the same this year but 1B will always be deep.

I have to go with Tex. He is the better hitter already and has more potential than Blalock.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 389)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:46 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Yoda wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:I like Tex, i think he has the higher ceiling. Also Blalock plays at a deep position.


Isn't 1B deeper than 3B? :-?
I think it is about the same this year but 1B will always be deep.

I have to go with Tex. He is the better hitter already and has more potential than Blalock.


3B is deeper this year but there is no way in burning hell that it is deeper than 1B or OF.

The reason why people are higher on Tex is because he had a much bettter second half but people forget he was not very good in the first half. On the flip side, Blalock's first half was pretty much equal but faded badly in the second half due to an injury. I can understand why people would prefer Teixeira over Blalock but to say this isn't close is a serious mistake. BTW, they are exactly the same age.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Dans » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:52 am

Tex was actually hurt in the first half. Not fair to say he had bad first half. He will put up better numbers than HB.
Dans
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1092
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GameOn » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:24 pm

Yoda wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
Yoda wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:I like Tex, i think he has the higher ceiling. Also Blalock plays at a deep position.


Isn't 1B deeper than 3B? :-?
I think it is about the same this year but 1B will always be deep.

I have to go with Tex. He is the better hitter already and has more potential than Blalock.


3B is deeper this year but there is no way in burning hell that it is deeper than 1B or OF.

The reason why people are higher on Tex is because he had a much bettter second half but people forget he was not very good in the first half. On the flip side, Blalock's first half was pretty much equal but faded badly in the second half due to an injury. I can understand why people would prefer Teixeira over Blalock but to say this isn't close is a serious mistake. BTW, they are exactly the same age.


He was hurt Sherlock! The first half of the season he sat for like 6 weeks and then when he did play you could easily tell that he was in pain. During the second half of the season he was on fire though. As a rangers fan who watches both of these players night after night....it's not even close, Teixeira by a mile. You haven't even seen what Tex can do in one full healthy season yet, whereas you have with blalock. Don't get me wrong, Blalock is a great player and I like him a lot, but Tex has the ability to be a number 5 fantasy pick in a year or two.
Image
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 975
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:26 pm

GameOn wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
Yoda wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:I like Tex, i think he has the higher ceiling. Also Blalock plays at a deep position.


Isn't 1B deeper than 3B? :-?
I think it is about the same this year but 1B will always be deep.

I have to go with Tex. He is the better hitter already and has more potential than Blalock.


3B is deeper this year but there is no way in burning hell that it is deeper than 1B or OF.

The reason why people are higher on Tex is because he had a much bettter second half but people forget he was not very good in the first half. On the flip side, Blalock's first half was pretty much equal but faded badly in the second half due to an injury. I can understand why people would prefer Teixeira over Blalock but to say this isn't close is a serious mistake. BTW, they are exactly the same age.


He was hurt Sherlock! The first half of the season he sat for like 6 weeks and then when he did play you could easily tell that he was in pain. During the second half of the season he was on fire though. As a rangers fan who watches both of these players night after night....it's not even close, Teixeira by a mile. You haven't even seen what Tex can do in one full healthy season yet, whereas you have with blalock. Don't get me wrong, Blalock is a great player and I like him a lot, but Tex has the ability to be a number 5 fantasy pick in a year or two.


Hmmm... and Blalock wasn't hurt in the second half? :-? How soon you forget what he did in the first half.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:36 pm

Yoda wrote:Hmmm... and Blalock wasn't hurt in the second half? :-? How soon you forget what he did in the first half.


Blalock didn't miss any time last year and I don't remember any injury being reported.

Blalock
Pre-Allstar: 353 AB
Post-Allstar:271 AB

Tex
Pre-Allstar: 258 AB
Post-Allstar:287 AB
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 389)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:38 pm

Just wondering something from all of those by a mile people.......What ceiling do you see for these 2?? Personally, I think that it's close.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Sep. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact