A-Rod on 'The Slap': 'a smart play..we almost got away with' - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-Rod on 'The Slap': 'a smart play..we almost got away with'

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pacman » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:45 pm

giants8307 wrote:
blankman wrote:
cannonarm21 wrote:A few years ago remember the Tom Brady tuckld he have pleaded with the refs to give the ball to the Raiders. You do what you can to help your team win. I cannot put corking a bat and doing roids in the same category as a little slap during the heat of competition. Corking and roiding is a little more pre-meditated.


Good analogy.


I disagree. A-Rod tried to cheat, and then lied about it to the umpires by saying it was part of his natural running motion. Brady didn't try to cheat, and didn't lie to any officials afterward. Conclusion: A-Rod's a tool and Brady's a little overrated, but at least he doesn't lie to influence the outcome of a game.


Good analogy.
Image
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2569
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Birthplace of the US Navy

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:48 pm

Hold up. Hold up. I wasn't going to chime in on this because it's not going to go anywhere...

But... Brady is overrated? What do you want him to do? He's won every game he's played in the post season, he's never lost an overtime game, his passer rating has gone up, on average, every year he's played in the playoffs, and his passer rating, per playoff year has gone up in each successive game--as he has faced tougher competition--he's played.

As I say over and over again on the football side, if you want to pick a QB to throw a football through a tire thirty yards down field, pick Manning. If you want to win a football game, pick Brady.

Sure, he's no Montana, yet, but he's almost there.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby cannonarm21 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:53 pm

giants8307 wrote:
blankman wrote:
cannonarm21 wrote:A few years ago remember the Tom Brady tuckld he have pleaded with the refs to give the ball to the Raiders. You do what you can to help your team win. I cannot put corking a bat and doing roids in the same category as a little slap during the heat of competition. Corking and roiding is a little more pre-meditated.


Good analogy.


I disagree. A-Rod tried to cheat, and then lied about it to the umpires by saying it was part of his natural running motion. Brady didn't try to cheat, and didn't lie to any officials afterward. Conclusion: A-Rod's a tool and Brady's a little overrated, but at least he doesn't lie to influence the outcome of a game.






Actually Brady did lie. He said he was trying to tuck the ball, but later admitted that wasn't the case.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 562
Joined: 26 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brew City

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:54 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:Hold up. Hold up. I wasn't going to chime in on this because it's not going to go anywhere...

But... Brady is overrated? What do you want him to do? He's won every game he's played in the post season, he's never lost an overtime game, his passer rating has gone up, on average, every year he's played in the playoffs, and his passer rating, per playoff year has gone up in each successive game--as he has faced tougher competition--he's played.

As I say over and over again on the football side, if you want to pick a QB to throw a football through a tire thirty yards down field, pick Manning. If you want to win a football game, pick Brady.

Sure, he's no Montana, yet, but he's almost there.


I think he is Joe Montana...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby cannonarm21 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:57 pm

Yoda wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:Hold up. Hold up. I wasn't going to chime in on this because it's not going to go anywhere...

But... Brady is overrated? What do you want him to do? He's won every game he's played in the post season, he's never lost an overtime game, his passer rating has gone up, on average, every year he's played in the playoffs, and his passer rating, per playoff year has gone up in each successive game--as he has faced tougher competition--he's played.

As I say over and over again on the football side, if you want to pick a QB to throw a football through a tire thirty yards down field, pick Manning. If you want to win a football game, pick Brady.

Sure, he's no Montana, yet, but he's almost there.


I think he is Joe Montana...




If he wins Sunday, I agree.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 562
Joined: 26 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brew City

Postby giants8307 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:57 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love Brady. He's an alum of my high school and I'll root for him every game I see, but I don't believe in "winners" and "losers." I think winning's more a product of a team of good players, than one individual leading an average team. For example, I've herad people say luis castillo is better than giles because he has a ring(possibly 2?). That's extreme, but I'm saying Brady's overrated because people have been calling him the best QB in the league. He's for sure a very good, efficient QB who understands routes and timing with the best of them. But better than Manning just because he wins? No way.
Image
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1942
Joined: 21 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Washington, DC

Postby giants8307 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:58 pm

cannonarm21 wrote:
giants8307 wrote:
blankman wrote:
cannonarm21 wrote:A few years ago remember the Tom Brady tuckld he have pleaded with the refs to give the ball to the Raiders. You do what you can to help your team win. I cannot put corking a bat and doing roids in the same category as a little slap during the heat of competition. Corking and roiding is a little more pre-meditated.


Good analogy.


I disagree. A-Rod tried to cheat, and then lied about it to the umpires by saying it was part of his natural running motion. Brady didn't try to cheat, and didn't lie to any officials afterward. Conclusion: A-Rod's a tool and Brady's a little overrated, but at least he doesn't lie to influence the outcome of a game.






Actually Brady did lie. He said he was trying to tuck the ball, but later admitted that wasn't the case.


hmm...didn't know that. I'll have to research that. If so, I just lost a lot of respect for brady.
Image
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1942
Joined: 21 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Washington, DC

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:59 pm

giants8307 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love Brady. He's an alum of my high school and I'll root for him every game I see, but I don't believe in "winners" and "losers." I think winning's more a product of a team of good players, than one individual leading an average team. For example, I've herad people say luis castillo is better than giles because he has a ring(possibly 2?). That's extreme, but I'm saying Brady's overrated because people have been calling him the best QB in the league. He's for sure a very good, efficient QB who understands routes and timing with the best of them. But better than Manning just because he wins? No way.


I'd take Brady over Manning in a big game. Manning is a better athlete but Brady controls the game much better. His job is to win games not throw touchdowns.

QBs touch the ball more than anyone else and I believe that they are responsible for the outcome of the game way more than any other position in football.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby cannonarm21 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:04 pm

Through all this discussion, I still can't believe where Brady was drafted.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 562
Joined: 26 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brew City

Postby kage812004 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:11 pm

i couldnt agree with u more on the arod thing, i cant stand the guy and his comments on this subject and the comments he made about schilling are unreal. these yankee fans in here make me laugh :-b

TOM BRADY IS OVERRATED, THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!! lolololololol
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 817
Joined: 2 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Red Sox Nation

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chaddwyer82 and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact