Burnitz to Cubs deal almost done - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Burnitz to Cubs deal almost done

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby retraj2 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:02 pm

.250 for a #7 hitter (burnitz) vs .250 for a #3 hitter (sosa)
legit leadoff man
lefty-righty mixing batting order
no more cancers in the clubhouse
.320+ hitter as #3 hitter (nomar now)

looks like hendry did alright. i hope he's not done yet, but i'm not upset as a cubs fan. need to get a closer
retraj2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lil' Doug Dascenzo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:41 am

retraj2 wrote:.250 for a #7 hitter (burnitz) vs .250 for a #3 hitter (sosa)
legit leadoff man
lefty-righty mixing batting order
no more cancers in the clubhouse
.320+ hitter as #3 hitter (nomar now)

looks like hendry did alright. i hope he's not done yet, but i'm not upset as a cubs fan. need to get a closer

I agree about the closer, but I'd like to see Ryan Dempster get a legit shot during ST to show what he can do. There is still the possibility that we send Farnsworth to Baltimore for Julio, but Jorge is not exactly a proven commodity himself.
Lil' Doug Dascenzo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby knapplc » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:37 am

Lil' Doug Dascenzo wrote:I agree about the closer, but I'd like to see Ryan Dempster get a legit shot during ST to show what he can do. There is still the possibility that we send Farnsworth to Baltimore for Julio, but Jorge is not exactly a proven commodity himself.

I'd like to see Dempster get a shot too. He's got stuff - whether it's closer stuff or set-up stuff we don't know. He can't do worse than anyone last year, can he?

As for Farnzy, I wouldn't be sorry to see him go. I think he's still got a lot of potential and I'd hate to see him realize that outside of Wrigley, but if he's never going to do it here then we might as well get something for him. I don't know that Julio is the guy, though.

Still, if they trade Farnzy, who will protect the team from the Paul Wilsons of the world?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:42 am

knapplc wrote:Still, if they trade Farnzy, who will protect the team from the Paul Wilsons of the world?

If I had a little sister, I bet she could take care of Wilson ;-)
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:47 pm

knapplc wrote:I'd like to see Dempster get a shot too. He's got stuff - whether it's closer stuff or set-up stuff we don't know. He can't do worse than anyone last year, can he?

Acctually he could do alot worse than JoBo...remember he did convert a club record number of consecutive saves...even though he usually made it interesting, he got the job done....(althoguh I would like to see Ryan get a shot too... :-) )

knapplc wrote:As for Farnzy, I wouldn't be sorry to see him go. I think he's still got a lot of potential and I'd hate to see him realize that outside of Wrigley, but if he's never going to do it here then we might as well get something for him.

I agree Farny has all the potential and talent in the world...his problem is between his ears...but what is more intimidating than a 100 MPH fastball that nobody knows where it is going... 8-o
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers