16-team 5x5 yahoo roto league looking for players. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

16-team 5x5 yahoo roto league looking for players.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

16-team 5x5 yahoo roto league looking for players.

Postby bleach168 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:38 am

I'm looking to fill about 8 spots for an upcoming 16-team league. This will be my 5th year as commish of this league. I expect the league to be very competitive as 3 of the top 4 finishers from last year are returning. Also a couple of new, very active cafe members have also expressed interest in joining.

I will leave recruitment open until we fill the 8 spots or March 1st, whichever comes last. Should more than 8 people be interested, I will take those members with higher post counts first.

Please take note that this league uses OBP instead of .AVG.

League ID#: TBD
League Name: TBD
Password: TBD
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: TBD (usually weekend before opening day)
Max Teams: 16
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Player Universe: All baseball
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 1, 2004
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 162
Max Innings Pitched: 1250
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: TBD
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
Last edited by bleach168 on Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AKhomebrewer » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:49 pm

I'm willing to jump aboard, bleach. You want PM's, or just sign on here?
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bleach168 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:52 pm

Good to have you aboard, AKhomebrewer. :-)

Either a reply here or through PM is fine.

Still 6 spots left.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby free » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:33 pm

I'd be interested. I'm coming into my 6th year of fantasy and usually finish in the top three of the league. I'm looking for a deeper more competitive league :-B
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Knight3000 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:54 pm

i would like to join.
Knight3000
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby free » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:29 pm

Can I ask the reasoning behing setting the criteria as number of posts? I wouldn't think the number of posts has much correlation onto how successful a team would be, however, I could be wrong. Personally, I have been a frequent visitor to the cafe for the past few years. It hasn't been until this offseason however, that I decided to jump aboard to put in my two cents.
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bleach168 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:41 am

I've learned that post count has very little to do with dedication towards a league. Last year, we had a very prominent cafe member join our league, but because that cafe member also joined 13 other leagues, he was not as active as we wanted him to be. I'm sure he would be the first to admit that. I'm not going to say his name, but it starts with "P" and rhymes with "edantic." :-D

However, I will be sticking with the post count rule for these reasons,

1. It's a reward to those players who have contributed to the cafe.
2. I really have no way of judging the skill level of those who enter the league. I'm just going under the assumption that those with more posts here at the cafe have been exposed to more fantasy baseball than those who have less posts. Of course there will be exceptions but I have no real way of knowing. I'm suspicious enough not to trust people who say they are good without any kind of proof. And no, winning all 4 of your yahoo public leagues is not good enough proof.
3. It's to prevent possible collusion. I think there is a lot more cheating going on than a lot of people know. I would rather not give someone the opportunity to make a couple of fake accounts so they could collude in my league.
4. Bragging rights are just more meaningful when you beat that regular from the cafe rather than that 1-post new guy.

It's debateable whether or not this is a fair system. If I had my way, I would come up with a questionnaire and judge each applicant based on their answers. But then I may introduce my own personal biases into the equation.

One thing I can promise is that if you miss the cut for this year and wait on a list until next year to join, I can't turn down that kind of dedication.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby swingaway » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:03 am

is the league free and i mean all free because i DONT want to pay for no software or no prize or nothing.

If it is ill be interested.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby free » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:57 pm

bleach168 wrote:I've learned that post count has very little to do with dedication towards a league. Last year, we had a very prominent cafe member join our league, but because that cafe member also joined 13 other leagues, he was not as active as we wanted him to be. I'm sure he would be the first to admit that. I'm not going to say his name, but it starts with "P" and rhymes with "edantic." :-D

However, I will be sticking with the post count rule for these reasons,

1. It's a reward to those players who have contributed to the cafe.
2. I really have no way of judging the skill level of those who enter the league. I'm just going under the assumption that those with more posts here at the cafe have been exposed to more fantasy baseball than those who have less posts. Of course there will be exceptions but I have no real way of knowing. I'm suspicious enough not to trust people who say they are good without any kind of proof. And no, winning all 4 of your yahoo public leagues is not good enough proof.
3. It's to prevent possible collusion. I think there is a lot more cheating going on than a lot of people know. I would rather not give someone the opportunity to make a couple of fake accounts so they could collude in my league.
4. Bragging rights are just more meaningful when you beat that regular from the cafe rather than that 1-post new guy.

It's debateable whether or not this is a fair system. If I had my way, I would come up with a questionnaire and judge each applicant based on their answers. But then I may introduce my own personal biases into the equation.

One thing I can promise is that if you miss the cut for this year and wait on a list until next year to join, I can't turn down that kind of dedication.

I can respect that ;-D thanks for the reply. On a second note, is there anyway we could cut down the wait time from March 7th to say...midnight tonight :-D
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bleach168 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:05 pm

swingaway wrote:is the league free and i mean all free because i DONT want to pay for no software or no prize or nothing.

If it is ill be interested.

Yes, it's free.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Classifieds