Still Drafting...what are my needs? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Still Drafting...what are my needs?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Still Drafting...what are my needs?

Postby speedy27 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:29 pm

12 team 7X7 H2H keeper league. Here is my team so far.

C-J.Posada
1B-P.Konerko
2B-M.Loretta, K.Matsui(2B,SS)
3B-C.Blake
SS-R.Furcal
OF-S.Podsednik, C.Crawford and V.Guerrero
Uti-B.Bonds
SP-R.Johnson, J.Schmidt, R.Halladay, M.Mussina and Od.Perez
RP-A.Benitez and C.Cordero

Minor League Roster: (all keepers)
Edwin Jackson, Joe Blanton, Ezequiel Astacio, John Patterson, Ryan Speier, Ryan Howard, Joey Gathright, Clint Barmes, Justin Leone, Freddy Guzman, Bucky Jacobsen, Chad Billingsley, Carlos E. Hernandez, Jose Capellan

thanks ;-D
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shadowmaster28 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:03 pm

I think so fr your team looks good! What I would do is this ... draft one or two more quality starters/relievers then trade a stud SP for a great 3B and you should be fine! This is only my opinion though, I mean I would do that. ;-D
St. Louis Cardinals ... going to the series again this season ... but with a different outcome .. World Series Champs .. 2005!!
Shadowmaster28
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:11 pm

solid team...really no holes in your offense...might want to improve your relief pitching a little by adding another closer or so...but other than that ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:52 pm

Id trade Podsednik. I reallly think he is overvalued right now. His OBP will begin to hurt his true playing time eventually - especially with the deep outfield and OF prospects the CHW have currently.

Trade Pods for a top of the line 3B - you can obviously do much better than Casey -he's the weakest link.

You dont need Pods SBs anyway with Crawford, Furcal, Vlad there.

You have a team that I would argue is too good - whenever I see a team with 3-5 first rounders and no glaring holes other places, I think the owner should probably look for better competition. You should be able to roll your legaue with the lineup you currently have - the suggestions above are just nitpicking.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kage812004 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:23 pm

im just a little confused on how in the hell u have vlad, crawford, bonds, RJ, Schmidt in a 12 team league and your still drafting??!! thats just a little crazy?
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby speedy27 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:35 pm

kage812004 wrote:im just a little confused on how in the hell u have vlad, crawford, bonds, RJ, Schmidt in a 12 team league and your still drafting??!! thats just a little crazy?

10 player keeper league....when i took the team over my team was already pretty loaded! Since we have a minor league farm system earlier owner had Crawford there. Evendently did some good trading to get either Bonds or Unit. Schmidt and Halladay were good drafts early in their career and have been keepers since. I added Vlad at the beginning of last season trading away Santana and C.Lee(Santana was part of minor league).

thanks for the help though.

I have the opprotunity to trade Pods for M.Mora....should I pull the trigger or try and get a RP?
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby kage812004 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:47 pm

u have it listed as a 12 team league, im still pretty surprised by your team but i do understand a little better now how u have those guys.
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kage812004 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:48 pm

i see, 10 player keeper, 12 team, my bad dude, im at work, its been a long day, lol, im leaving now, lol.
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bonavasitch » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:54 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Id trade Podsednik. I reallly think he is overvalued right now. His OBP will begin to hurt his true playing time eventually - especially with the deep outfield and OF prospects the CHW have currently.

Trade Pods for a top of the line 3B - you can obviously do much better than Casey -he's the weakest link.

You dont need Pods SBs anyway with Crawford, Furcal, Vlad there.

You have a team that I would argue is too good - whenever I see a team with 3-5 first rounders and no glaring holes other places, I think the owner should probably look for better competition. You should be able to roll your legaue with the lineup you currently have - the suggestions above are just nitpicking.

I agree completely. Between Vlad, Furcal and Crawford stolen bases should be a lock on a weekly basis. The only spot thats a little questionable is 3B. That position is so deep this year and Im thinking something better could be had.
Bonavasitch
College Coach
College Coach

Cornbread hit the nail on the head!!

Postby sst2003 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:50 pm

Although cornbread and I had our differences of opinion last season regarding the Tigers and their chances, I'd have to agree with him on this one. After watching Pods' average and OB% tumble all of last season, I don't think he was in a sophomore slump...I think his rookie season was his career year never to be touched again.

If you can trade his steals for a nice 3rd sacker, I'd say you are pretty well set (barring injury of course)
"Fight at the bat rack" I'm a Brewer fan, I see that all the time!!!
sst2003
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team