Miguel Cabrera or Marcus Giles? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Miguel Cabrera or Marcus Giles?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:45 pm

Yoda wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:Rough call. I would consider Giles because of the low depth at 2b. OF like Cabera are a dime a dozen and he is going to go for a premium because of his age and hype


I disagree that OF like Cabrera are dime a dozen. He is a special player who is going to be awesome for a long time.

Giles is a good player but he doesn't ride the same bus even though he has many more years of service.


Giles has exactly 136 more games of ML service.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:04 pm

(Laughing)...Cabrera
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby DK » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:27 pm

Wait, are you all kidding? I'd definitely take Brian Giles over Jolbert Cabrera.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Yoda » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:31 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Yoda wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:Rough call. I would consider Giles because of the low depth at 2b. OF like Cabera are a dime a dozen and he is going to go for a premium because of his age and hype


I disagree that OF like Cabrera are dime a dozen. He is a special player who is going to be awesome for a long time.

Giles is a good player but he doesn't ride the same bus even though he has many more years of service.


Giles has exactly 136 more games of ML service.


Thank you for noting that. Giles has been in the ML for 4 years versus Cabrera's 2.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby ensanimal » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:35 pm

DK wrote:Wait, are you all kidding? I'd definitely take Brian Giles over Jolbert Cabrera.


LOL :-D
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10627
(Past Year: 112)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Postby daweasle » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:27 am

Cabrera, and its not even close
daweasle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 668
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Diego

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 14:21 hours
(and 90 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact