Sanchez, Logan, and Ledezma? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Sanchez, Logan, and Ledezma?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sanchez, Logan, and Ledezma?

Postby TownDrunk » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:32 pm

I was hoping some of you folks would help me out on a couple of questions I have on several of your players.

First off, Alex Sanchez. I'm in desperate need of steals, and I was wondering what the current status on Sanchez is. I know they've tried to upgrade CF all throughout the offseason. Is that still their plan, or are they going to stick with Sanchez this season?

If they're sticking with him, what kind of numbers should I expect from him? If they decide to cut bait with him in ST, do you think he'll catch a starting gig somewhere else?

Secondly, I'm curious as to what kind of PT Logan will be getting. I know he is Sanchez's backup and a speedster himself. Should I be looking into him?

Lastly, I recently picked up Ledezma for $1 in a keeper league. I've read that he as some potential. What can I expect out of him?

Thanks for your help, folks ;-D

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:16 am

CF is the biggest question mark right now. Here's how things are currently:
Sanchez is the starter. Unfortunately for fantasy owners looking for speed and Detroit fans he has too many negatives that outweigh his positives: Terrible defense, terrible baserunner, doesnt get on base enough. If he can improve in these areas he should hold the job all yr...

However

CF also just happens to be a position that has a couple guys in the wings chomping at the bit. If Sanchez messes up at all, Nook can fill in immediately. He isnt as good at the plate as Sanchez (which is scary in itself), but he does everything else better and is probably faster too. We also have Granderson who is projected to come up to the club toward the latter half of '05 - he is more than likely the future CF for the Tigers for many years. What this means for Sanchez? He's on a very short leash. If you have to get him in a fantasy draft for speed, I would wait until the very last rd or two and not get my hopes up too high.

As for Wifredo Ledezma - Ive seen him on a number of sleeper rankings, so having him for a buck in a keeper league is very intriguing. Probably will get great value for you at that price.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ScarletP » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:15 pm

Sanchez is going to run. If he's in the lineup, and he's healthy, he'll be running. I was at the second-to-last game in 2003 against the Twins when he stole 4 bases and basically won the game by hitting a single in the ninth inning of a tie game, stealing second, stealing third, scoring on a wild pitch. He likes to run. If he holds on to the CF spot all year, he might even end up with 2 HR taboot. I'd like him in late rounds, but if you get him, keep an eye on the CF situation. If he loses the job, pick up Logan, who's even faster than Sanchez.

Wil Ledezma is a nice sleeper at $1. ;-D
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:33 pm

I love Ledezma. He could be a star in a couple seasons. I honestly think he could win 12-15 games this year and seems to have pretty good stuff, strikes out hitters. Just hope that Tram and the pitching coaches don't Cluck him up.

With the signing of Ordonez crowds the OF. I could envision Sanchez losing PT because of his atrocious baserunning and fielding. Especially if Monroe starts off hot. If he does play he will steal bases, a little more than he will get thrown out.

I don't see much of a future for Nook Logan. He seems overmatched at the plate. But Infante was overmatched as well, and he did well last year so...
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Tigers