Cameron ready for opener - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Cameron ready for opener

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cameron ready for opener

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:03 pm

Mike Cameron is on track to be ready for the season opener in Cincinnati on April 4, much sooner than previous estimates that he could be sidelined into May. Agent Mike Nicotera said the arthroscopic wrist surgery Cameron had in December required only minimal repair of frayed cartilage and the wrist showed no signs of a feared tear. The outfielder already has been cleared for all activities except swinging a bat at full speed. He'll likely begin doing that the first week of March, leaving four full weeks of batting practice before Opening Day.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... 6243c.html
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby coolidge36 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:58 pm

Good News but they are going to trade him. I got inside info that they told him to shut his mouth about being disgruntled about not being the CF and they will have an easier time trading him.
METS Season TICKETS. I have 2 tickets Lodge Sec. 7. I cant make Tues nights. I dont want to give up the tickets so I'm looking to sell every tuesday night home game ( 11 games ) FOR $1000.
coolidge36
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:16 pm

Inside info? :-)

I seriously doubt they can trade him for value and fill their needs. This would only make sense (to some extent) if Magglio is signed which is not going to happen. I don't believe they are prepared to go with Diaz full-time yet. Moving Cammy for the sake of it would be idiotic and I have a more faith in Omar than that.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rirruto » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:51 pm

I would much rather have him take his time and not rush himself too much. He's proven he can play through pain but I rather would have 100% Cammy in mid-April then a 70-80% Cammy on Opening Day. Besides, it's not like he couldnt use the extra time to work on some more BP :-B . Plus, I'd like to see Diaz get some time on the field to see if he can continue his success.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:17 pm

Good point. I guess I'm just hoping he is 100% but if he's not I agree with you.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby coolidge36 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:26 am

Hes as good as GONE!
Its ashamed but its the truth.
METS Season TICKETS. I have 2 tickets Lodge Sec. 7. I cant make Tues nights. I dont want to give up the tickets so I'm looking to sell every tuesday night home game ( 11 games ) FOR $1000.
coolidge36
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rirruto » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:58 pm

coolidge36 wrote:Hes as good as GONE!
Its ashamed but its the truth.

How do you figure that?
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Cameron ready for opener

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:30 am

Amazinz wrote:Mike Cameron is on track to be ready for the season opener in Cincinnati on April 4, much sooner than previous estimates that he could be sidelined into May. Agent Mike Nicotera said the arthroscopic wrist surgery Cameron had in December required only minimal repair of frayed cartilage and the wrist showed no signs of a feared tear. The outfielder already has been cleared for all activities except swinging a bat at full speed. He'll likely begin doing that the first week of March, leaving four full weeks of batting practice before Opening Day.

cameron being 100% will be great for the mets outfield defense but terrible for the mets team BA.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to New York Mets