Chris Burke projections - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chris Burke projections

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chris Burke projections

Postby stumpak » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:10 am

I am thinking about this guy in comparison to other scrub 2Bs. I know his ceiling is easily .300/15/30, but what do people think he will do this year presuming he starts?
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby crapshooter » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:26 am

I think like most rookies he will have a period where he will struggle. Very few rookies come in and play the whole season without having problems.
You don't have to like 'em to own 'em!!!!
crapshooter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikeprovri » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:56 pm

I just looked at his projections on a few sites and was surprised to see how high he ended up on my 2B rank list. Needless to say I came here and did a search to see if I could find more info on him. I calculated his stats as:

BA .275
HR 12
RBI 58
SB 24

Pretty good if you ask me considering his position and the cost at which you can get him.
mikeprovri
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:20 am

okay, this is assuming he starts the year as a starter, which means he's made it through spring training just fine.

i wonder what will happen when Berkman returns. if Burke is struggling, I wonder if Biggio would get placed back at 2B.

so let's assume again that he plays all year. i don't think 10 HR 20 SB are out of the question.

so a good question might be would you rather take a veteran like D'Angelo Jimenez or roll the dice with a youngster like Burke?
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby stumpak » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:53 pm

I would say in most situations you want to go with a a sure thing like Jimenez or Spivey if you have to get stuck with a lower tier 2B. The only reason that I am considering Burke is because I am in a keeper acution league, and if you are going to pay a dollar or two for your 2B there is an arguement to take on the risk of a guy like Burke because his potential upside is greater than Jimenez et al.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby red » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:59 pm

stumpak wrote:I would say in most situations you want to go with a a sure thing like Jimenez or Spivey if you have to get stuck with a lower tier 2B. The only reason that I am considering Burke is because I am in a keeper acution league, and if you are going to pay a dollar or two for your 2B there is an arguement to take on the risk of a guy like Burke because his potential upside is greater than Jimenez et al.

I definitely would not take Spivey over Burke. Weeks will be in the mix before long and there goes your 2bman; I would take Jimenez over Burke, however, I think their upsides are similar. They have very similar skills yet Jimenez is two years further along in adapting to pitching. This could be a good year for Jimenez.
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers