I love this team, do u???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I love this team, do u????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I love this team, do u????

Postby kage812004 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:17 am

in the middle of a 12 team keeper draft, standard yahoo h2h league. hows my team look so far and what should i go after these last few rounds?? i still need a utitlity player and maybe another closer or middle reliever, any suggestions would be appreciated.

1b-A.Pujols
2b-J.Kent
ss-Nomar
3b-A.Huff
C-M.Piazza
of-M.Cabrera
of-JD.Drew
of-C.Lee
Ut-?

sp-Oswalt
R.Harden
M.Clement
A.Pettite
K.Benson
N.Lowry

rp-F.Cordero
BJ.Ryan
J.Rincon
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kentx12 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:36 pm

I like your team. You might need to upgrade the outfield a little maybe add another big bat if you could work out a trade and also try to get another solid closer but for a 12 team league it looks pretty good.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nomar88423 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:56 pm

Yes it is a nice team but how do you expect to do in steals?
nomar88423
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kage812004 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:19 pm

exactly, im hurting in the speed category, i was hoping to get dave roberts later in the draft for my utility player but he went alot earlier than i planned. there really isnt much left for speed so i might have to attempt a trade for pierre or somone or just suck it up and lose that one category every week. i also think i need another closer but there is only 2 left, mike adams and chin hui tsao so i might take a chance on one of those guys but my pick is still a little ways away. if adams is gone by my pick i might go with another top notch middle reliever like gordon or otsuka. i have 2 picks in a row when it gets to me so im hoping to grab one of those pitchers and then maybe hidalgo or g.jenkins or dye for my utility spot?

anyone else have any advice or opinions???????????
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cordscords » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:25 pm

I like it so far, I'd try to pick up another arm though.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby io » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:37 pm

cordscords wrote:I like it so far, I'd try to pick up another arm though.

i agree.. i'm not very big on Benson or Lowry so i hope theres still some left to choose from..... for speed, i'd look to trade Kent for a speedster like Jose Reyes, Brian Roberts, or Kaz Matsui ... overall, very nice team with SP having the biggest room for improvement

EDIT.... can you list all players available to draft from? ... i think Jenkins and Hidalgo are great picks, and even though you need speed, i'd snatch them up asap
Last edited by io on Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
io
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kage812004 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:42 pm

wow, im pretty happy with my starting pitching?? anyone i should keep a eye out for that i can get at the end of the draft?? im not taking a starting pitcher with my next 2 picks coming up, i think im going with hidalgo if hes there and another rp but after that i want to add another starter.
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby io » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:42 pm

kage812004 wrote:wow, im pretty happy with my starting pitching?? anyone i should keep a eye out for that i can get at the end of the draft?? im not taking a starting pitcher with my next 2 picks coming up, i think im going with hidalgo if hes there and another rp but after that i want to add another starter.

Derek Lowe and Kevin Millwood .... not sure who else is available, but Hidalgo or Jenkins would be a good pick here
io
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kage812004 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:14 am

lowe, millwood and jenkins are gone, im hoping hidalgo makes it to me, can anyone suggest any pitchers i should look out for at the end of the draft.??
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dirtybird808 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:54 am

I don't really like your team. Your relief pitching, and speed are terrible. You have way too much power and are starter heavy. I am not too high on Piazza or Kent because they are both injury risks are their production has been on the decrease. I rate your team a 6/10.
San Diego Padres... A dynasty begins.
dirtybird808
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team