The Best Fantasy Source (Not Cafe) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Best Fantasy Source (Not Cafe)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Fantasy Source (Not Cafe)

sportingnews.com
2
29%
espn.go.com
2
29%
mlb.mlb.com
1
14%
sportfanatics.net
2
29%
 
Total votes : 7

The Best Fantasy Source (Not Cafe)

Postby jellyroll » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:19 pm

These are some of the sites I've seen over the years. What do you think are the best PAID and FREE sites:


sportingnews.com
espn.go.com
sportfanatics.net
rotochamps.com
http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/
mlb.mlb.com
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 527
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: West Indies

Postby Rirruto » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:21 pm

Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:22 pm

My main source of news is http://www.rotoworld.com. I am a regular at http://www.askrotoman.com forum. A lot of intelligent discussions about baseball and other good stuff. I also check the comments under profiles at http://www.alexpatton.com. I believe it is free until March 1.

Other than that, I check TSN, ESPN, MLB, etc for stats and latest news and some articles.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Rirruto » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:24 pm

It really depends on what you're looking for. For stats, I use ESPN and BaseballReference.com mostly and sometimes Yahoo. But for the latest news, I use Rotoworld and Rototimes sometimes.
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:24 pm

heres my list of fav fantasy baseball info sites

Cafe obviously
Rotoworld
Espn
Sporting News
FantasyInfoCentral
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5820
Joined: 16 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Magical Valley Of Love And Happiness

Postby LBJackal » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:36 pm

Cafe for updates
RotoTimes for depth charts
Baseball-Reference.com for MLB stats
Sports-wired.com for Minoe League stats
And I just discovered MastersBall.com yesterday and the forums look good for any kind of advice, geared more towards the technical side of fantasy baseball

So I guess my answer is none of the above. Where's that option? :-D
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby matmat » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:41 pm

rotoworld.com and here for updates
this place and http://www.askrotoman.com for any sort of baseball theory discussions. http://localhost/ for projections.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4120
Joined: 12 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: North cross down

Postby jellyroll » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:44 pm

LBJackal wrote:Cafe for updates
RotoTimes for depth charts
Baseball-Reference.com for MLB stats
Sports-wired.com for Minoe League stats
And I just discovered MastersBall.com yesterday and the forums look good for any kind of advice, geared more towards the technical side of fantasy baseball

So I guess my answer is none of the above. Where's that option? :-D


MastersBall looks ok but for $39.99 you better win every league you're in.
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 527
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: West Indies

Postby LBJackal » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:55 pm

jellyroll wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Cafe for updates
RotoTimes for depth charts
Baseball-Reference.com for MLB stats
Sports-wired.com for Minoe League stats
And I just discovered MastersBall.com yesterday and the forums look good for any kind of advice, geared more towards the technical side of fantasy baseball

So I guess my answer is none of the above. Where's that option? :-D


MastersBall looks ok but for $39.99 you better win every league you're in.


The forums are free ;-)
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby jellyroll » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:24 pm

LBJackal wrote:
jellyroll wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Cafe for updates
RotoTimes for depth charts
Baseball-Reference.com for MLB stats
Sports-wired.com for Minoe League stats
And I just discovered MastersBall.com yesterday and the forums look good for any kind of advice, geared more towards the technical side of fantasy baseball

So I guess my answer is none of the above. Where's that option? :-D


MastersBall looks ok but for $39.99 you better win every league you're in.



The forums are free ;-)



cool ;-D
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 527
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: West Indies


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
NY Mets at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Philadelphia at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact