So if Maggs becomes a Ranger who becomes the 4th OF? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So if Maggs becomes a Ranger who becomes the 4th OF?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So if Maggs becomes a Ranger who becomes the 4th OF?

Postby Hitdogman » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:56 am

Is it Mench or Nix?
Hitdogman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 55
Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:01 pm

I don't know much about Texas but it sounded like Maggs would see alot of time at DH to help the strain on his knee.
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1080
Joined: 25 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the Kingdome watching Junior, The Unit & Edgar

Postby trevisc » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:06 pm

they'd have to trade someone. My guess is they'd trade Mench.

Maggs said he will not be the DH
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 11271
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:22 pm

trevisc wrote:they'd have to trade someone. My guess is they'd trade Mench.

Maggs said he will not be the DH


yeah - Maggs and Boras have made it perfectly clear he will not go somewhere to DH.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Music2004Man » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:28 pm

Why would they do that, especially if he ends up in Texas? If he just DH's it eliminates some of the chance of him getting hurt and if he signs an incentive laden 1 yr deal he could put up great numbers in Texas and cash in next year. This plan seems like it would work for Boras because he would cash in next year?
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1092
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:39 pm

Music2004Man wrote:Why would they do that, especially if he ends up in Texas? If he just DH's it eliminates some of the chance of him getting hurt and if he signs an incentive laden 1 yr deal he could put up great numbers in Texas and cash in next year. This plan seems like it would work for Boras because he would cash in next year?


no 1 yr deal.
no substantial pay cut.
no DH.
Boras has already set these parameters.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:41 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:Why would they do that, especially if he ends up in Texas? If he just DH's it eliminates some of the chance of him getting hurt and if he signs an incentive laden 1 yr deal he could put up great numbers in Texas and cash in next year. This plan seems like it would work for Boras because he would cash in next year?


no 1 yr deal.
no substantial pay cut.
no DH.
Boras has already set these parameters.


Why would owners even want to deal with Boras....I would want no part of the Maggs negotiations. He thinks his players are the best things since sliced bread. :-P
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:47 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:Why would they do that, especially if he ends up in Texas? If he just DH's it eliminates some of the chance of him getting hurt and if he signs an incentive laden 1 yr deal he could put up great numbers in Texas and cash in next year. This plan seems like it would work for Boras because he would cash in next year?


no 1 yr deal.
no substantial pay cut.
no DH.
Boras has already set these parameters.


Why would owners even want to deal with Boras....I would want no part of the Maggs negotiations. He thinks his players are the best things since sliced bread. :-P


well, hes the premier agent in all of sports. he has the top players, so if you want a top player, ya gotta deal with Boras. The problem is - in general, he really does have the top players in his book, so if you want an elite player, you are more than likely going to have to go through Boras, and you better get used to it - players know that if they want to get top dollar you sign with Boras.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:49 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:Why would they do that, especially if he ends up in Texas? If he just DH's it eliminates some of the chance of him getting hurt and if he signs an incentive laden 1 yr deal he could put up great numbers in Texas and cash in next year. This plan seems like it would work for Boras because he would cash in next year?


no 1 yr deal.
no substantial pay cut.
no DH.
Boras has already set these parameters.


Why would owners even want to deal with Boras....I would want no part of the Maggs negotiations. He thinks his players are the best things since sliced bread. :-P


well, hes the premier agent in all of sports. he has the top players, so if you want a top player, ya gotta deal with Boras. The problem is - in general, he really does have the top players in his book, so if you want an elite player, you are more than likely going to have to go through Boras, and you better get used to it - players know that if they want to get top dollar you sign with Boras.


For the most part, you are correct. However, I'm sure I could build an all-star team from non-Boras clients if I had the time to research it. There are other alternatives out there...you just have to be willing to have patience and not need the absolute best player available at the moment...it's all about planning for the future.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 15:05 hours
(and 95 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact