Minky and KIM from Boston to NY? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Minky and KIM from Boston to NY?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:25 pm

Well it's $3.75M we're talking about here. I guess you can argue that's a little too much for Doug M. I don't know. But when you have a team that can support a $100M payroll and you need a 1B I don't think it's that big of a deal. Blade is a nice prospect but the Mets need a 1B now and they have a lot of low-level 1B prospects so I like the deal for both teams. ;-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:28 pm

Why would anyone want a headcase like BH Kim? I guess if the team has no postseason plans he could work out :-°
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:28 pm

LBJackal wrote:You realize you still have a budget, although it's higher than most teams? If cash wasn't an issue you'd have Carlos Delgado as your 1B and Maggs as your RF.

I'm not sure if this is true. The Mets offer over 4 years was more lucrative than Florida's but the Mets weren't willing to offer the 5th year option.

As for Maggs, maybe. I don't know if that's in the Mets plans since they'd have to move Floyd or Cammy but Maggs carries a lot of risk and the Mets haven't had a lot of luck with these types of signings. :-o
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:29 pm

blankman wrote:Why would anyone want a headcase like BH Kim? I guess if the team has no postseason plans he could work out :-°

Because he'd bolster the Mets bullpen.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby red » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:33 pm

Amazinz wrote:
LBJackal wrote:You realize you still have a budget, although it's higher than most teams? If cash wasn't an issue you'd have Carlos Delgado as your 1B and Maggs as your RF.

I'm not sure if this is true. The Mets offer over 4 years was more lucrative than Florida's but the Mets weren't willing to offer the 5th year option.

As for Maggs, maybe. I don't know if that's in the Mets plans since they'd have to move Floyd or Cammy but Maggs carries a lot of risk and the Mets haven't had a lot of luck with these types of signings. :-o

Mo Vaughn anyone?

I could do without Maggs. Spend it on the bullpen, if the Mets are in it, trade Cameron and prospects for something at the deadline. For now, stick with what is. At the very least we know the outfield will be able to catch balls. Maybe the "new" mets will be a kick-starter for Floyd, too.
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LBJackal » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:36 pm

Amazinz wrote:

Well if money wasn't an object, they'd have Delgado and Maggs. Clearly both are better than who you guys have now. It just sounded like Viper figured as long as you get who your after it doesn't matter how much you pay. Obviously, it does matter. But Viper is kinda like Rico-lite from what I remember so maybe I should've ignored it.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:37 pm

blankman wrote:Why would anyone want a headcase like BH Kim? I guess if the team has no postseason plans he could work out :-°

thats too funny - 100% accurate but funny. I think the solution is just to send him home at the end of September regardless of if the team is still playing.

BHK is actually a very good relief pitcher as long as he isnt in crucial situations.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bag of peanuts

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:44 pm

GreenMonsterGoon wrote:I don't call their top 1b prospect a bag of peanuts....Theo The Genius did well again

bah - you make it sound like he's the next great thing. Saying he's the Mets best 1st base prospect isnt really saying much at all - their farm system has been depleted through trades for a while now. He was a 44th rd draft pick - let that sink in for a second - 44th rd.

If Theo traded for the Tigers top 1st base prospect would you still be happy? Remember - he's our absolutely best 1B prospect - and we got him in the 40th rd of the 2002 draft, while the guy you got was drafted in the 44th rd. ;-7

Theo the Genius gave away Doug M because he had no choice, and the only reason he got Bladergroen is because the Mets were all out of peanuts. }:-)
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Viper8437 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:18 pm

LBJackal wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

Well if money wasn't an object, they'd have Delgado and Maggs. Clearly both are better than who you guys have now. It just sounded like Viper figured as long as you get who your after it doesn't matter how much you pay. Obviously, it does matter. But Viper is kinda like Rico-lite from what I remember so maybe I should've ignored it.

ouch :-t
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:46 pm

Viper8437 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

ouch :-t

booooooooooo :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers