Minky and KIM from Boston to NY? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Minky and KIM from Boston to NY?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:02 pm

This is what you said:

TheYanks04 wrote:You assume the entire salary, give a prospect AND PAY MORE?

That's wrong. The Mets are paying his '05 salary ($3.75M, nothing more) and giving them Ian Bladergroen.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:06 pm

And this is what the AP and Rotoworld are reporting:

According to the Associated Press, the Red Sox will receive an A ball prospect and cash from the Mets for Doug Mientkiewicz in a deal that could be announced on Wednesday.
Boston would receive cash? That's probably subject to change.

Call me carzy, but somehow I believe them a lot more than I believe you.

So if you have information to the contrary, I suggest you show us your link and prove as opposed to just the usual name calling and babbling.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:09 pm

The cash they are receiving is the $3.75M to pay this year's option. Geesh. :-°

Just think about what you're saying. You're misreading it. Do you think the Mets would pay $7.5M for Doug M. (all jokes aside)?
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:11 pm

Amazinz, what's the word on Blade? Seems to have pretty good size and they say he has plus power and a great glove.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:13 pm

Solid move for the Mets - Doug M is always underrated - especially among the fantasy crowd. In real baseball he's worth every penny.

All they had to do was give up an overacheiving 1B prospect coming off a major wrist surgery? Brilliant. Great move. Everyone knew BOS had to move DM, I guess his price really did get deflated because of the ball scandal.

On a side note - I was playing Yahoo pool the other day and got to talkin with this chick I was playin against. She was saying she was in the air and travels all the time. Of course that leads to "what do you do" - and her response: Oh, I work for the Boston Red Sox. 8-o Of course Im skeptical - but I ask what she does for them... Turns out she's a player liason. Im still skeptical of course, but after a little baseball chat she obviously knows what she's talking about. Now, she could have gotten a lot of the stuff we discussed by reading the paper, but then she throws out - Doug M will be traded within 24 hours. 8-o 8-o

This was yesterday.

Im a lot less skeptical. She actually added me to her friends file on Yahoo. Who in the hell did I just meet online?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:14 pm

He projects as .280, 30 HR 1B who is solid to above average defensively. His only downside is the wrist surgery (July) but from what I read the recovery is coming along well. Prior to the injury he was hitting .342 with 13 home runs and 74 RBI over 72 G at A Capital City. He appears to be about 2-3 years away.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:16 pm

Amazinz wrote:The cash they are receiving is the $3.75M to pay this year's option. Geesh. :-°

Just think about what you're saying. You're misreading it. Do you think the Mets would pay $7.5M for Doug M. (all jokes aside)?

Where are you getting 7.5M from? Do you know how to read? Seriously...Rotoworld said "AND CASH". It did not say how much cash which means it could be anythign for $1 to milliosns. It did not say cash to pay for his salary. Why would send money to the former team to pay the salary/pick up an option of a player coing to you? That would be like the Yanks paying 15M to the D'backs to pay RJ for 05 before the deal...what is the point?

You are obviously grasping at straws and either have a problem with the English language, or more notably, admitting that you got your foot stuck in you mouth with your knee-jerk over-reaction to my criticsm of Minaya. Whatever dude...this is pointless. The AP and Rotoworld articles speak for themselvs.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby nsulham » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:18 pm

Amazinz wrote:He projects as .280, 30 HR 1B who is solid to above average defensively. His only downside is the wrist surgery (July) but from what I read the recovery is coming along well. Prior to the injury he was hitting .342 with 13 home runs and 74 RBI over 72 G at A Capital City. He appears to be about 2-3 years away.

Thanks. I know they're looking for a project for when Papi starts to fade so it looks (fingers crossed) that if this kid pans out, they've found their guy.

As far as Doug M., I'll always root for him because he was a member of the 2004 Red Sox and as such, he'll always drink for free if ever we shall meet sometime.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:19 pm

yanks - I just think you dont understand. take a breath.

he had a 3.75 option for '05. the mets just picked it up, but in order to pick it up, the contract is that the Sox have to pay it. NYM gave BOS 3.75 to pick up DM's contract for '05 and then they traded him.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:23 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:It did not say how much cash which means it could be anythign for $1 to milliosns. It did not say cash to pay for his salary. Why would send money to the former team to pay the salary/pick up an option of a player coing to you?

That's exactly what is happening and I can't say I understand contracts well enough to know why. I'm not making this stuff up. ;-7
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers