The Carlos Beltran watch.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Carlos Beltran watch....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sinicalypse » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:31 am

beltran looks to be getting somewhat on track. as long as the royals are .500+ and amped up for games, he should be alright. i don't think the royals are going to fade as fast as everyone else thinks either.

but for poops and giggles....my bust list:

pamela anderson (had to start with a joke)

paul konerko (notorious first half player. but maybe he'll earn notoriety for new reasons now)

curt schilling (he'll be a relative bust. i dont think he'll have another season like last year, where until the end he was sub-3 and that whip was stellar at sub-1. lots of Ks, but he seems to be missing his spots in the strike zone more. watch out)

roy halladay - lamentably, unless he gets dominant, i think about 3more mediocre to bad starts will land him on waiver wires.

todd hundley - well, he's not technically a bust since nobody expects him to perform, but i just wanted to remind everyone that he still sucks.

miguel tejada (does .270 / 28 / 95 seem plausible to anyone else, or is it just me?)

mark bellhorn (takes his fair share of walks, but doesnt look like he'll hit much higher than .265 unless he gets really hot. his power stroke is somewhat nonexistant thus far)

derek lowe (sophomore slump / pitched over his head last year. you decide)

cory lidle (his very dominant streak in '02 looks like a memory. maybe getting traded by beane is hte kiss of death, kind of like when the yankees trade someone from their farm system)

freddy garcia (i've been saying this all over the place, but he is not an ace. one good season, then back to 4.2 era / 1.3 whip goodness.)

danny graves (bob boone, what are you thinking?)

mike piazza (betcha everyone who owns him looks at posada's #s and sighs)

paul lo duca (2001's awesome #s were a fluke, sadly)

ichiro (people know how to pitch him)

torii hunter (great guy, but not a great hitter)
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers