The Carlos Beltran watch.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Carlos Beltran watch....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Carlos Beltran watch....

Postby jwhands » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:08 am

2 for 21.......0 HR, 1 run, 1 RBI..................

FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Justise » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:56 am

So mr stat man, what was Jason Giambi's start last year before his fourth home run?
Justise
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

uhh ohh

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:24 am

got em

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby DGroundhog » Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:00 am

The only Beltran watch I'm waiting for involves the waiver wire.

I traded for him last year when he was undervalued, but he was being drafted in the early 2nd round this year. There's at least a dozen OF I'd take over him.

Hey, I tried to warn ya. I appreciate his value, but he was way over-rated this year.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Oat Soda » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:28 am

OK, I protected Beltran and everything, so I hope he's wrong, but I'm saying it now: JWHANDS RULES! ;-D

Really, Beltran's always slow to start, then lights it up, yet Hands has had him eating dirt since January or February at least. If Beltran weren't on my team I'd be rooting for Hands, hands-down folks.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:14 pm

beltrans a notorious 2nd half player

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jwhands » Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:55 pm

Just so you guys don't think I'm jumping on one bust prediction to make myself look smart, I'm gonna post my entire list of predicted busts for this year. Feel free to take your shots.

Beltran may see a slide, especially if he gets traded. It will be hard to keep top stats when you're traded to a contender and batting 6th or 7th.

Here's some of my busts predictions.

AL

Derek Lowe. He might not be a bust, but I see him sliding down to about 12-15 wins and an era around 4.00.

Shannon Stewart. Unless he gets traded soon, I think he's going to begin his pouting fit in Toronto. Watch his average drop with his lower lip.

Omar Vizquel. It's only obvious that he won't post the same power numbers and production he did last year.

Torii Hunter. This year's Mike Cameron.

Jacque Jones. This year's Brady Anderson.

Miguel Tejada. Still will be a top 5 ss, but his #'s will slide.

David Eckstein. Prediction of the Year. This kid will wind up on the dl when he strains something during his on deck ritual.

Rafael Palmeiro. Time to hit the V-I-A-G-R-A.

NL

Jeff Bagwell. I just have a feeling his #'s are gonna slide some more this year. The wear and tear on his body are going to finally catch up to him.

Tom Glavine. He'll learn what it's like to be booed by people who actually come to the ballpark.

Roy Oswalt. He'll be on the dl.

Richie Sexson. A big man who strikes out too much. Add that to the fact that his power #'s took a huge hit in the 2nd half last season.

Jim Edmonds. His #'s will slide down to where he will be nothing more than an average producing outfielder.

Matt Morris. It's his turn to be the injured one in the Cardinal rotation.

Dave Roberts. He will slide, and a kid named Thurston will be placed in his spot in the lineup.

Ryan Klesko. Not really a flop, but his #'s aren't exactly what you would think they would be.

Benito Santiago. No more Kent means hello .230 average.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:22 pm

I disagree on Bags. He improved 2nd half when his shoulder improved, and he looks focused this year.

Oswalt get injured? Why?

Sexson played hurt the 2nd half. Strikeouts are overrated. His oba was 363, not bad, 22 points over his career norms.

Why will Edmonds slide? His career ops is 904. Put it this way. If Edmonds was a Yankee, he would be their 2nd best hitter.

Morris turn to be hurt? Are you playing spin the bottle?
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby BankRoll » Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:45 pm

Yeah, Bags really looks like he's gonna go down the shitter. I mean he's only on pace for 228 hits and 66HR, what's up with that? I can't believe I wasted a 6th round pick on that...
BankRoll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jwhands » Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:56 pm

These were predictions before the season even started. It's still early, but it looks like most of my picks are on pace for down seasons. I'd like to see someone who actually gets 100% of their bust predictions right.
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers