new and intense type of fantasy play - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

new and intense type of fantasy play

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

new and intense type of fantasy play

Postby jbomb » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:37 pm

a member of my league pointed out this new site - it looks like it takes fantasy play to higher levels - http://www.gamedayritual.com - i dont know all that much about it but i did look at the free tour
"Slump?" "I'm not in any slump. I just ain't hitting." Yogi Berra
jbomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:56 pm

Seems kind of interesting. It's flashy, if nothing else.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby J35J » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:36 pm

If you like this, just buy the computer game Baseball Mogul 2005. I've been playing Baseball Mogul since '98 and it is pretty cool. Go to MogulSports.com and order it for 20-30 bucks. No I don't make any money off of this, it is just a fun game and really helps get me through these tough months of no real baseball and fantasy baseball!!

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:11 pm

J35J wrote:If you like this, just buy the computer game Baseball Mogul 2005. I've been playing Baseball Mogul since '98 and it is pretty cool. Go to MogulSports.com and order it for 20-30 bucks. No I don't make any money off of this, it is just a fun game and really helps get me through these tough months of no real baseball and fantasy baseball!!

Jason

How is the computer AI in that game? I've tried Season Ticket Baseball and Out of the Park (same company), and the AI in both of those was stupid.

I could see the game in the first post being more interesting simply because it has more humans involved.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby wrveres » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:17 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
J35J wrote:If you like this, just buy the computer game Baseball Mogul 2005. I've been playing Baseball Mogul since '98 and it is pretty cool. Go to MogulSports.com and order it for 20-30 bucks. No I don't make any money off of this, it is just a fun game and really helps get me through these tough months of no real baseball and fantasy baseball!!

Jason

How is the computer AI in that game? I've tried Season Ticket Baseball and Out of the Park (same company), and the AI in both of those was stupid.

I could see the game in the first post being more interesting simply because it has more humans involved.

yeah thats my knock on Season ticket baseball ... the AI.
I can take any team to the deries outside of two years. Its sad really. I was going to try baseball mogul but i figured the AI was probably pretty close.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby Pokey » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:47 pm

Jason

I haven't played 2005, but I had 2004 and found it pretty annoying. The AI wasn't that great, and the SAME AI teams would be good every year, the Mets, Yankees, Rangers, Dodgers, and Rockies would be the best teams every year for periods upwards of 50 years long. Also the stats were usually pretty unrealistic, there would be at least 2 60+ home run hitters a year, and usually at least 10 with 50+. I even had one year where Adam Dunn hit 97 8-o
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:50 pm

Pokey wrote:

Jason

I haven't played 2005, but I had 2004 and found it pretty annoying. The AI wasn't that great, and the SAME AI teams would be good every year, the Mets, Yankees, Rangers, Dodgers, and Rockies would be the best teams every year for periods upwards of 50 years long. Also the stats were usually pretty unrealistic, there would be at least 2 60+ home run hitters a year, and usually at least 10 with 50+. I even had one year where Adam Dunn hit 97 8-o

yeah see .... i would never play a sim where somebody hits 97 homers ... :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby Pedantic » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:11 pm

I play in a couple OOTP leagues online (meaning all the teams are managed by people). They're rather fun, especially during the offseason.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby bleach168 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:27 pm

I play Mogul '04 every now and again and I've never seen anyone hit 97 homers in a year. 60-70 is pretty much tops. But then again, I've never seen Dunn get traded to the Rockies.

I find the game fun though. The biggest flaw to me is that you can't manage during the games and the AI makes some REALLY dumb moves sometimes like intentionally walking a hitter in the bottom of the ninth when you're up by two runs and the bases are empty.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby JTWood » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:00 am

These stories just validate my point. The more I think about it, the more I think that I will give this game a shot. If anyone else is interested, let me know. Otherwise, I'll try to give a report on how the league (and the interesting auction system) work out.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Return to Baseball Leftovers