mock draft central?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

mock draft central??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

mock draft central??

Postby Madison Mayhem » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:32 am

Does anyone know anything about http://www.mockdraftcentral.com?? I was close to joining but saw that the number of members isn't huge (yet). It looks like it is new and might be a good resource, but I didn't want to waste my $10 to join.
Madison Mayhem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:37 am

I do all my mockdraft's here at the cafe. It's slow draft but it's free and fun

;-D
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

As an alternative though

Postby Madison Mayhem » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:51 am

If I want to hammer out a bunch of drafts and get some good ideas as to where players are going, I think it might be a good option.

Are there any other good mock draft sites out there. I don't have anything against the cafe, I just wondered if there are other mock options that have actual draft tools, etc.
Madison Mayhem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:53 pm

SportingNews has free mocks.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikemcj55 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:00 pm

I am a member of mockdraftcentral, and I think its a decent site. At this point, its server size is kinda limited, and sometimes the drafts are slow. But the people who I draft with are pretty knowledgeable and we're able to bounce some different ideas off of each other during and after the drafts.
I think its helpful mainly because it helps you make real-time draft decisions, taking some of the unpredictability away from draft day and to get a feel for where people will go in drafts with different people, especailly in the later rounds of the draft. I feel I've become a much better drafter as a result of the site.
With that being said, sometimes the site doesn't work perfectly, and might not be worth it if there are good free sites out there. But so far, I think its pretty good. Let me know if you join, I'll let you know when our groups meet to draft.
mikemcj55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison Mayhem » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:33 pm

mikemcj55 wrote:I am a member of mockdraftcentral, and I think its a decent site. At this point, its server size is kinda limited, and sometimes the drafts are slow. But the people who I draft with are pretty knowledgeable and we're able to bounce some different ideas off of each other during and after the drafts.
I think its helpful mainly because it helps you make real-time draft decisions, taking some of the unpredictability away from draft day and to get a feel for where people will go in drafts with different people, especailly in the later rounds of the draft. I feel I've become a much better drafter as a result of the site.
With that being said, sometimes the site doesn't work perfectly, and might not be worth it if there are good free sites out there. But so far, I think its pretty good. Let me know if you join, I'll let you know when our groups meet to draft.

I think I will probably join. I can use a "recommenders" name when joining to get them 30 free extra days. What is your name on there so I can use your referral. That would be great if you could let me know when your group drafts...

One last question. Are there a lot of drafts or just a small number each day?
Madison Mayhem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mikemcj55 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:44 pm

Thanks a lot, my name on the site is the same as here, mikemcj55.

At this early point in the season, there are usually about two or three drafts going on each day. I have been a member for a couple weeks, and there have been more and more drafts almost every day. I think as we get closer to opening day especially, there will be even more each day.
If you join today, some guys and I are drafting at 9:00pm tonight, under the draft name "quickie". There are two spots left, so they might be gone soon, but they might still be there.

Hope to see you there.
mikemcj55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison Mayhem » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:06 pm

mikemcj55 wrote:Thanks a lot, my name on the site is the same as here, mikemcj55.

At this early point in the season, there are usually about two or three drafts going on each day. I have been a member for a couple weeks, and there have been more and more drafts almost every day. I think as we get closer to opening day especially, there will be even more each day.
If you join today, some guys and I are drafting at 9:00pm tonight, under the draft name "quickie". There are two spots left, so they might be gone soon, but they might still be there.

Hope to see you there.

Sweet. I signed up as awehrbar. I couldn't get into your draft (it was full), email me at mailto:awehrbar@yahoo.com if you are having any others soon.
Madison Mayhem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LBJackal » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:21 pm

Just like with anything, if you want something done properly, pay for it, or know all the people involved - or do it yourself, but it's hard to do a mock draft with yourself :-D Being at the Cafe is a luxury because we generally know the people involved are going to actually put effort into the mocks. If not for the Cafe though, paying a small fee to be involved in some mock drafts doesn't seem like a horrible idea. Especially if it gives you access to seeing mock drafts that others have paid to be a part of.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers