edgar's gone, and I need a new sig. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

edgar's gone, and I need a new sig.

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

edgar's gone, and I need a new sig.

Postby BGbootha » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:16 am

I made this one, but I am trying to do something with a little more uumphhh!!! and I just can't get it.

Anyway, I was hoping to get something with some of the good ol' Mariners on it. I got a couple of pics, but something with Griffey (in M's uni), Jay Buhner, maybe even Harold Reynolds, Jim Presley or something.. I don't know, trying to go a litte old school here I guess.

But here is one of the pics I really like.

thanks to anyone who is willing to help me out with this.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:50 pm

let me know what you think about this one.

i can change the pictures, colour, background or whatever you want. ;-D

http://img174.exs.cx/img174/1819/bgbootha12sj.jpg
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:50 pm

Awesome sig Kimchi. Unfortunately, since my computer is used by everyone in my family, my dad uninstalled my pirated copy of Photoshop without even asking me. And I know if I download Kazaa to try and download it again he will freak out (he's obsessed with like spyware and trying to keep the computer clean) So my sig making has basically come to an end. And it sucks, I found an awesome tut yesterday which I really wanted to try out. :~(
joshyboy72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:55 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:Awesome sig Kimchi. Unfortunately, since my computer is used by everyone in my family, my dad uninstalled my pirated copy of Photoshop without even asking me. And I know if I download Kazaa to try and download it again he will freak out (he's obsessed with like spyware and trying to keep the computer clean) So my sig making has basically come to an end. And it sucks, I found an awesome tut yesterday which I really wanted to try out. :~(

LOL. i think that's a father thing. my dad calls me every week to ask me if i installed the anti-virus he sent to my brother. :-b

it sucks that you can't make more sigs. :-t i think my version of photoshop is from kazaa also, not sure, i got it from a friend.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:13 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:Awesome sig Kimchi. Unfortunately, since my computer is used by everyone in my family, my dad uninstalled my pirated copy of Photoshop without even asking me. And I know if I download Kazaa to try and download it again he will freak out (he's obsessed with like spyware and trying to keep the computer clean) So my sig making has basically come to an end. And it sucks, I found an awesome tut yesterday which I really wanted to try out. :~(

LOL. i think that's a father thing. my dad calls me every week to ask me if i installed the anti-virus he sent to my brother. :-b

it sucks that you can't make more sigs. :-t i think my version of photoshop is from kazaa also, not sure, i got it from a friend.

How did you do that? Upload it from a USB port or something? Because if there's a way I could get Photoshop on my computer without my father knowing it was from Kazaa or something (the time I downloaded it he was out of the house the whole weekend) he would probably be okay with it.
joshyboy72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:59 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:let me know what you think about this one.

hey man thats awesome. But I have to admit, since no one else posted on here I started to attempt to make my own again. Hey how did you get the background like that??? I really like the way you got the 'shadows' (don't know what else to call them) behind the players reallys adds something to it. and the water effect for the background. Hey thanks man, I am definitly going to use it atleast for a while. But i really don't think the one I am working on is going to turn out all that great. thanks again man.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:32 am

joshyboy72 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

How did you do that? Upload it from a USB port or something? Because if there's a way I could get Photoshop on my computer without my father knowing it was from Kazaa or something (the time I downloaded it he was out of the house the whole weekend) he would probably be okay with it.

a friend of mine burned photoshop in a CD, then i just intalled in my computer. if you do that, there's no way you dad will know it was downloaded from kazaa, unless he asks you for the original CD. :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:52 am

BGbootha wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:let me know what you think about this one.

hey man thats awesome. But I have to admit, since no one else posted on here I started to attempt to make my own again. Hey how did you get the background like that??? I really like the way you got the 'shadows' (don't know what else to call them) behind the players reallys adds something to it. and the water effect for the background. Hey thanks man, I am definitly going to use it atleast for a while. But i really don't think the one I am working on is going to turn out all that great. thanks again man.

thanks BGbootha. i'm glad you liked the sig.

i like your old sig. thought it was pretty well made, you can probably do your own again if you want. you can use the one i made, but i won't be upset if you decide not to and want to give another shot at making your own. ;-D

Background:
i can't take credit for it. i used a tutorial on the net and only changed some things around. here is the link:
http://www.spoono.com/photoshop/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=5

Shadows:
maybe there's an easier way to make the shadows, but here is how i made them for this sig:
after i put griffey on the sig i took is picture and went image>image size> and make it bigger, about 2 times bigger, then i added it to the sig. make sure you put the bigger griffey picture in a layer below the smaller griffey picture so you can see the small pic on top of the big one. on the newly added layer change the bleding options to "luminosity" and about 70-85% of opacity. move the big picture around to wherever you want the "shadow" to be.

hope this helps. ;-D

feel free to ask any questions and if you want some help with the sig you are making, i'm sure people here at the cafe will be glad to help. :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby BGbootha » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:38 am

Alright man, so I played around with the background and shadows and what not and this is what I came up with.

I really like it and i think it turned out pretty good, my only problem now is that I can't save it small enough to make it my sig without really taking away from it, the best I could do and make it small enough for the site to take it as my sig was....

Is there any trick to saving it so that I don't lose all the detail that I worked on??????

And thanks again.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:15 am

wow. that's really good BGbootha. ;-D ;-D ;-D

i like it a lot. :-)

joshyboy72 told me a way to get your sig under 10k without losing that much quality. i dunno how you're saving it, but i think the best way is to go save>save for the web, then use the quality bar to get under it 10k. that might do the trick. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests