Who is Gil Meche?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is Gil Meche??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who is Gil Meche??

Postby Real Deal » Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:36 pm

While searching my waiver wire a noticed a guy with 25k's, playing for the Mariners, a low era (sub 3.00), young, and has given up a earned run in two games, and his name is Gil Meche. If anybody has insight or has seen him pitch, please let me know. Is he in the starting rotation?
Real Deal
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Real Deal » Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:37 pm

CORRECTION--Has NOT given up an earned run in two games
Real Deal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:01 am

Gil Meche is an extremely resilient fish net used for deep sea fishing in the Florida swamplands.
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Justise » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:18 am

He had surgery two years ago and this is his first season back in the majors. Those two games were against the slumping A's and the woefull indians.

He's got the yankee's coming up next week where he faces off against the Rocket. I would see how he pitches against the yanks, if he shuts them down pick him up. He just had one bad inning against the Rangers and since then, he's been pretty solid.
Justise
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:32 am

Real Deal wrote:CORRECTION--Has NOT given up an earned run in two games

Meche has pitched 4 games, gave up 6 in 1st one, 3 in 2nd one. He was a 1st round pick awhile back, a nice prospect who blew his shoulder out. I liked him before surgery. He has to prove to me hes still the same guy. His last 2 starts were gems.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:47 am

My fantasy baseball strength is putting together pitching staffs. I picked Meche about 10 days ago and started him against the Indians. He was a big-time prospect for the Ms until he had shoulder trouble. They still like him alot. Get him and spot start him against teams that aren't the Yankees, Red Sox and Rangers. Those are killer offenses.

Meche and another kid, "The Little Unit" Ryan Anderson, were to be the next wave of great pitchers for the Ms before injuries. It's great to see Meche bounce back. Anderson is still working his way back.
Y`s Guy

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers