Mandatory All-Stars - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mandatory All-Stars

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mandatory All-Stars

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:10 pm

Okay. It's not Fantasy baseball, but since every team has to have an all-star, who is going to go from Detroit? Looking at tonights starting lineup Higgenson is the team leader just about everywhere but he's only hitting .205 (team leader) while E. Munson has the team lead in hr's (2) and rbis (8). Pitching isn't better with Maroth leading the team in era (4.55) and Bonderman is ahead in the wins category (1). Could this get any worse for them? This really illustrates why every team doesn't need an allstar, even if it does risk the occasional all Yankees All star game.
Hank
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chiggidy Chester » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:11 am

I hope Carlos Pena heats up and earns it. I used to play baseball with him.

This reminds me of when I played in an all-star game in high school. This one team flat out couldn't beat a little league team but they had to send 2 guys to represent their school. They were completely embarrassing. One guy let a fly ball bounce off his head. He promptly recovered the ball and threw it to shallow center field to nobody apparently rendered retarded by the blow he had just recieved. The other guy slipped trying to grab a pop up and the ball landed right next to him. It was so bad the guy running the bases just cracked up laughing at the chump.
Chiggidy Chester
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jwhands » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:10 am

It's gonna be their closer, once they actually win a few games. He'll save practically all of their wins, because I don't see them blowing anyone out. 20-62 at break for the Tigers, and 20 saves for Anderson.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:38 am

Sure, maybe it could be Anderson if he stays good and healthy, but if German comes in and they split the 20 save opps then what? The more I think about it the more that I think this could be the worst team since the 99 spiders.
Hank
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Hilarious

Postby Oat Soda » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:20 am

[quote="Chiggidy Chester"]I hope Carlos Pena heats up and earns it. I used to play baseball with him.

This reminds me of when I played in an all-star game in high school. This one team flat out couldn't beat a little league team but they had to send 2 guys to represent their school. They were completely embarrassing. One guy let a fly ball bounce off his head. He promptly recovered the ball and threw it to shallow center field to nobody apparently rendered retarded by the blow he had just recieved.

Man, that was a good laugh, even if it is just kids. :~(
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers