[No Name] Auction Keeper League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

[No Name] Auction Keeper League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

[No Name] Auction Keeper League

Postby oddmanout7 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:21 am

I want to start up a new auction league as soon as possible. I will limit the owners to 12 and only cafe members with college coach status or better can join. I will leave the rules and positions up to the league. I hope to hold the auction here at the cafe. I just need to get together a group of owners then pm a mod to get us a spot.
Last edited by oddmanout7 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BGbootha » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:18 pm

hey man i would be intersted let me know!!!!
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby oddmanout7 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:38 pm

1. oddmanout7
2. BGbootha
3. Orioles103
4. tal1286
5. pokerplaya
6. ensanimal
7. George_Foreman
8. io
9. Yoda
10. prose749
11. Hbj79
12. CrimeDog
Last edited by oddmanout7 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

Postby oddmanout7 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:46 pm

I borrowed these rules from an existing auction keeper league.
This should serve as guidlines for our league.

1. 26 player roster one each C,1B, 2B, 3B, SS, and 2 Utl, five OF, nine P. A 6 player bench.

2. $260 Salary cap for the auction and throughout the season.

3. Players will be put on the board by each owner. Each owner can put up one player until there are 12 players on the board. After a player is sold, the owner who originally put the player up for auction will put up a new player.

4. A player is purchased if no one else makes a higher bid after 24 hrs. The post is then locked.

5. A player must have 15 appearances the previous year to be eligible at a position. Rookies will be drafted at the position projected by at least one written source. In season, a player will become eligible after 5 appearances at a position.

6. Trading will be allowed during the draft to enable players who are low on money to get more to continue bidding.

7. Owners can not bid on players they don't have a position for.

8. Owners cannot bid more than they have. If a bid is made that will exceed the owner's $260 limit, it shall be voided. (ex: I need one OF and have spent $255. I cannot bid more than $5 on any player. My $7 bid on Ken Griffey Jr. is voided so the next highest bidder over 24 hours is the winner.

9. Players not taken in the original draft, {unauctioned free agents(UFA's)} may be picked up during the season and will go on the owner's roster at a $1 salary. Owners cannot put players on their roster unless there is an open position and unless they have at least $1 available under the salary cap. Room can be made by waiving a player who's salary is $1 or more.

10 Traded & cut players retain their auctioned salary. If a trade leaves a team with a salary in excess of $260, the owner will have to cut players and pick up $1 replacements to bring the salary back within the cap.

11. Owners may keep up to 4 players from a roster for the next year at this year's salary plus $5. Players can be kept for an unlimited number of seasons.

12. Any player taken during the season that did not go through the original draft must be returned to the draft pool the next season. (ex: I pick up Dontrell June 1 for $1. He is not eligible to be kept for the next season. He can be purchased in the draft next year.

13. Players who are placed on the MLB DL will be placed on the fantasy league Injured Reserve list (IR). The owner still has all rights of ownership. He can trade him, or keep him or waive him. When the player is activated from the DL, the owner has five days to activate him on his roster. If he doesn't activate the player he will be cut to the waiver wire and eligible to be picked up by any other owner.

14. Owners will be arranged on the waiver wire by random selection. When an owner selects a player on waivers he drops to the bottom of the list.

15. This is to be a daily league with roster moves made daily. If an owner's roster is over budget, he will receive no stats for that day or any subsequent days until his roster and salary are correct.

16. When all teams are filled with 26 players, the auction will be over. At a point where teams are not filled and they have only enough salary to fill with $1 players, the remaining owners will finish their rosters via a snake draft. (Names of the remaining owners will be drawn randomly to establish the order.)

17. There will be a 1500 inning pitching maximum per team.

18. The teams will be rolled over into a free Yahoo Roto 5X5 league for the 2004 season.

19. The winner will have "bragging rights" here at the Cafe until the next season. In lieu of money, he/she will also earn the right to assign (tasteful) avatars for the other teams in the league. Losers must accept said avatars for a period of 30 days following the completion of the season.

20. Waivers will be allowed once the league is set up in Yahoo.

21. The minor league draft will be held either during the All Star Break or the off season as to avoid confusion.
Last edited by oddmanout7 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

Postby oddmanout7 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:51 pm

This will be a roto 5x5 league.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ensanimal » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:21 am

sounds good. the only thing i don't really like is the max for keeping someone of 2 yrs. i don't think it is necesary to have a max, but if one is needed, it should be longer.

can't wait to get started. :-o
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 91)

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:03 am

Also, I think we should change the moderators putting up the players to each team selecting a player to be put up for bid. This is a very important part of the strategy when doing an auction. I know that the teams can "make suggestions" but I think each team should have full discretion regardless.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby oddmanout7 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:05 am

So we should change it to the owners putting up random players (within a certain limit) rather than the mods? Fine with me...
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:12 am

i think each owner puts up one player at a time (so 12 acutions at once), and these continue w/o replacement until all have been completed. then the next batch of players goes up. or we could just do them one at a time; either way.

my preference is for owners to have control of who is put up (rather than a mod) and for there to not be more than 12 auctions at once (because that would be confusing. ;-) )
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ensanimal » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:17 am

George_Foreman wrote:i think each owner puts up one player at a time (so 12 acutions at once), and these continue w/o replacement until all have been completed. then the next batch of players goes up. or we could just do them one at a time; either way.

my preference is for owners to have control of who is put up (rather than a mod) and for there to not be more than 12 auctions at once (because that would be confusing. ;-) )

i'll agree with this ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 91)

Next

Return to Classifieds