Pujols, does anyone have an idea what is going on with this? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pujols, does anyone have an idea what is going on with this?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pujols, does anyone have an idea what is going on with this?

Postby Andy1234 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:01 pm

I thought he was limited to pinch hitting for 3 weeks, but he started in LF today and hit a 2-run shot in the first, I wish I would have know he would play so I could have played him today.

Does anyone know if he is back for good or if they just are testing him today?
Andy1234

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby SoCalRebel » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:26 pm

:-C TELL ME ABOUT IT! GRRR!!!!!!!!
SoCalRebel
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:46 pm

I think he started at 1B last game. its all messed up, but I'm starting him anyway. FYI he hit a homer today.
blankman

Postby blankman » Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:47 pm

oops, my bad. i guess you already knew about the homer
blankman

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:54 am

I read that he started at 1B yesterday and was under strict orders to only throw the ball underhand, then he starts in left today. I don't know what the hell is going on with that.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby DGroundhog » Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:34 am

Yeah, I read about the same thing as BobbyRoberto. Then I see he starts in LF today? WTF?

Pujols is a hard core bad ass. He is in my line-up until I see him on crutches in the on-deck circle.

From RotoTimes:

Apr. 25 The Cardinals started Albert Pujols (3B) StL. at first base on Thursday, despite the fact that Pujols has an elbow injury and is in no shape to throw a ball. Manager Tony La Russa actually ordered Pujols not to throw in the game, but this was still a shockingly short-sighted move

Apr. 25 After starting at first base on Thursday, Albert Pujols (3B) StL. actually started in left field on Friday. When he was diagnosed with a strained elbow a week ago, it was believed he would not be able to play the field for three weeks. Tony La Russa is either treating his star player with complete reckless abandon, or the injury was never as serious as originally reported. Pujols hit 1-for-3 with a home run and two RBI.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers