Rank these Pitchers that have crossed over to the NL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rank these Pitchers that have crossed over to the NL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rank these Pitchers that have crossed over to the NL

Postby Slammerz » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:23 am

Here are a few Pitchers that have crossed over from the AL to the NL Please rank them...............Will they do well or not????

Tim Hudson
Pedro Martinez
Mark Mulder
Javier Vasquez
Jon Lieber

Do you know of anymore Cross over Pitchers? Al to NL???
Slammerz
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rank these Pitchers that have crossed over to the NL

Postby whitesox04champs » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:30 am

Slammerz wrote:Here are a few Pitchers that have crossed over from the AL to the NL Please rank them...............Will they do well or not????

Tim Hudson
Pedro Martinez
Mark Mulder
Javier Vasquez
Jon Lieber

Do you know of anymore Cross over Pitchers? Al to NL???

D Lowe.....

Anyways i break this into tiers

Hudson/Martinez
Mulder-Vazuqez????(Injuries-odd finish to season)
Lieber(Mr. Dependable)
Lowe(Possible big season)

1.Martinez
2.Hudson
3.Lowe
4.Lieber
5.Vazquez
6.Mulder

95% of people will disagree on this however; and the consensus probably is.

1.Martinez
2.Hudson
3.Mulder
4.Vazquez
5.Lieber
6.Lowe
whitesox04champs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:05 am

1. Pedro, provided he is healthy with no extended dL stint, easily the best.

2. J. Vazquez, I probably wont get much support on this one but a bad year with the Yanks doesnt negate his 2001-2003 3year AVE of 228.3INN 33GS 13W 12L 209K's 3.508ERA and 1.152 WHIP. His mechanics issues from last year could be a concern, but not as big a concern as injury and inconsistency of the next mentioned former Big-3 pitchers.

3. Tim Hudson, His ERA could be as much as .5 of a point better than Vazquez's along with 4-6 more wins but his WHIP is about equal and he has no where near the K potential as Vazquez.

4. Mark Mulder, Even switching to the NL I see him faceing tougher offenses in the NL central than he did last year. Similar to Hudson I see his ERA going back below 4.000 of course but no more than .25 better than Vazquez's with a simlar WHIP, 4-6 more W's and way behind on K's.

BTW, I'm big on Vazquez as a rebound player which is why I used him in comparison to the former A's in this list. Hope I'm right.................... :-o . No more Vazquez comparisons.

5. J. Lieber, wont be able to improve his ERA and WHIP much at all but should be able to push in the neighbor hood of 13-15 W's getting that run support along with 130-150 K's if his stamina allows him to pitch 200INN.

6. D. Lowe, He will get his ERA back well below .500 but will be hard pressed to get it below .400. K potential maxes out at 120-130 at best and he wont receive enough run support to top 15W's.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mpoland92 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:50 am

1.Martinez
2.Hudson
3.Mulder
4.Vazquez
5.Lowe
6.Leiber

that is how I would rank them, Pedro will have 2 maybe 3 more good seasons left in him, hudson and mulder are gonna be a little above average for their respective teams, vazquez and lowe are dark horses IMO, and I have never been a big fan of Lieber, no certain reason, I just dont like him......
mpoland92
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team