Will Aaron Boone start in CLE next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Aaron Boone start in CLE next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:28 am

Music2004Man wrote:So he loses the 2b eligibility for next year? I thought he might retain it because he didn't play at all last year.

I was also hoping this! :-o
He would be a great pickup at 2B if he did qualify. If he only qualifies at 3rd..... :-P
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BGbootha » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:15 am

dang i had really hoped he would qualify at 2b as well!!! If not i don't think he really warrants anything but a last round flier this year. As deep as 3b is there is no reason to go there!!
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:49 am

Since most leagues use an X games at position last year or designation by the team as his primary position for this year as an elig rule, I would think Boone will only qualify at 3b in the majority of leagues. He did not play last year and 3b will be his primary position in 05 according to the Tribe.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stumpak » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:28 am

The question I have is whether his knee is fully recovered to extent that he will bring home SBs. If not, there are a lot of guys at 2B that can be had for really cheap who will get you 10+ HRs, 15+ SBs and will likely have a better average than Boone--Spivey, Matsui and Jimenez come to mind. In a roto league, steals do much more for you in the standings than HRs, so if Boone is not running 100% I think there are better options than his .260 BA and 20 HRs.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:08 am

At 2b Boone may have marginal value as a botom-tier guy. At 3b, he is WW trash IMO. But like I said, he wil not qualify at 2b in the overwhelming majority of leagues.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Music2004Man » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:44 am

Thanks for the update. I guess it makes sense I won't be able to draft him at 2b I was just hoping to draft a sleeper not many people have thought of.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:24 pm

are we for sure he wont be 2b eligible in yahoo? they dont use forward looking info. doesnt matter what position cleveland intends to play him at, only matters what he has played in the past.

anyway, my main concern is whether or not he will steal 20+ bases again. i dont care if he has a hole in his swing. matters not if he is a good player in real life, so long as he can be a 20/20 guy.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:35 pm

Yahoo has a 15 game min rule in the prior year. I do not know if they will carrying elig from 2 years ago forward. I susppect not, but since they are not up for 2005 yet, there is no way to know for sure.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:39 pm

At the beginning of the Fantasy Baseball season, Yahoo! Sports placed all players into positions based in part on information from official rosters, but focusing mainly on past performance.

The Yahoo rules aren't clear so we don't know for sure but it seems more likely that they will treat him like a rookie rather than use his '03 fielding data.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tool069c » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:25 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:At 2b Boone may have marginal value as a botom-tier guy. At 3b, he is WW trash IMO. But like I said, he wil not qualify at 2b in the overwhelming majority of leagues.

Why do you hate him so much, when he is the only reason you made the world series in '03???
tool069c
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers