Pick up CHOI?? Help..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick up CHOI?? Help.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick up CHOI?? Help.....

Postby trebor67 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:30 pm

I have a couple of 3B who are not doing so hot (Aramis Ramirez and Adrian Beltre). I have Jose Valentin to back them up, but he's been playing a lot lately.

I could play any position player at a Utility spot in my points league. Should I bolster my offense by dumping one of these 3B-ers and picking up Choi?

Is Choi worth it? ;-D :-t

Why doesn't he play every day?

Anybody??
trebor67
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:36 pm

I had a similar problem, carrying 3 third basemen. I'd pick two of them to keep and drop the other. Valentin is a good stopgap solution there, and can play short if the other 3B actually shapes up and starts hitting.

There seem to be a lot of underachieving 3B this year. Boone, Beltre, Ramirez, Alfonzo, Bellhorn... probably even 1 or 2 others.

Choi is pretty good, but he's in sort of a platoon situation with Karros. If you pick him up to play utility, only start him when the Cubs are due to face a right-handed pitcher. Karros will probably play most games versus left-handers. If you don't have daily roster changes, don't even bother.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Dump Beltre or Ramirez

Postby trebor67 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:51 pm

OK, that seems like a pretty good approach. Which one should I dump, though?

I would say Beltre at this point, but to be honest, they both are sucking.

I'm hopeful that Ramirez will get better once Giles is back in the Pittsburgh lineup, but waiting might mean I'll miss out on somebody on the waiver wire.

Geez. Between these guys and Alomar (my 2B), my team is truly underwhelming on the IF positions this year.
trebor67
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:57 am

Ramirez is frustrating me too, but I'd still drop Beltre before I'd drop Ramirez, simply because Ramirez is only a year removed from a 34-homer, 112-RBI season (2001). Beltre's NEVER had a year like that, and they're the same age (24). I too am hoping Ramirez hits better when Giles comes back (I have Giles also).
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Return to Baseball Leftovers