Sig Request (Similiar to Saint of the Diamonds sig) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Sig Request (Similiar to Saint of the Diamonds sig)

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Sig Request (Similiar to Saint of the Diamonds sig)

Postby utvolsfan1916 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:02 am

Anyway I could get a sig with Johan Santana, Mark Prior and Josh Beckett all on it like the Saints of the Diamonds sig?

Would be mucho gracious.
Fantasy Baseball is not a game, its a way of life
utvolsfan1916
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:40 am

hmmm. this is really my first try with photoshop...

or

let me know what you think. ;-D

i put wrigley field in the background, but i can change it to whatever stadium you like, or no stadium at all.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:24 am

Hey kimchi, I like your sigs, they're pretty nice. I've just noticed though, your fonts aren't that great...if you want some cool ones, a good site to use is http://www.dafont.com/en/

Just download the fonts, unzip them, and extract them to Windows>Fonts. For cool text effects, make a separate layer for the text, and then put your text in. Then go to layer properties, or something like that, then Blending Options. There's a lot of shee you can do with it, be creative and mess around, see what you can come up with.
joshyboy72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:05 am

joshyboy72 wrote:Hey kimchi, I like your sigs, they're pretty nice. I've just noticed though, your fonts aren't that great...if you want some cool ones, a good site to use is http://www.dafont.com/en/

Just download the fonts, unzip them, and extract them to Windows>Fonts. For cool text effects, make a separate layer for the text, and then put your text in. Then go to layer properties, or something like that, then Blending Options. There's a lot of shee you can do with it, be creative and mess around, see what you can come up with.

thanks for the tip joshyboy. ;-D i've been downloading some fonts from another site, but i'll have a look on this one.

i just started to use photoshop, so my results aren't that great.

your sigs are amazing, dude! i noticed once thing in your sigs though. you are able to keep the pictures sharp, even under 10k. how do you do that?

thnx again. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:37 am

One thing is that I've often noticed people here use pictures as their backgrounds instead of cool filtered effects and stuff, which is fine. But when you include that with 3 players that's already 4 pictures which is a lot of kb. Also, the sharper you make your pictures before you resize the pic, the sharper they will be after. So zoom in really close when you crop the pictures. Also, if they still come out kind of blurry on the edges, you can add in a little motion blur. Just take the lasso tool, and if the player is sort of moving "right" (for example Mark Prior in the above sig) then go around the left side of the player, up to the top of the sig, around the left side of the sig, down and back up. Then go to Filter>Blur>Motion Blur and mess around.

Also, how have you been shrinking your sigs? You might not be doing it the best way...which is to go to File>Save for Web, and shrink it until it gets under 10kb. It's weird, for me I just can't get it to 9.8 or 9.9, on my computer the size of the pic always goes up a little after I host it on Imageshack, so I have to shrink to around 9.5.
joshyboy72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:58 pm

awesome. ;-D you have been really helpful. i was first saving the sig with about 20K and then using a picture resizer to get under 10K, but i was always losing a lot of quality. i'll try your way next time.

thanks a lot man. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests