Hi Everyone - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Hi Everyone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:02 pm

Welcome Josmus! We can always use another Mets fan. Yankees fans seem to breed like rabbits... :-b

Byrnes is a nice player but a little too old to get real excited about. I agree with DK. Byrnes would be a nice player to have but I like Cammy better. I hope he stays.

As far as Delgado goes, it depends on the time of the day you're asking. I keep changing my mind. It would be nice to have him but I think I would be happy with Doug M. if Omar could pull off that trade for Kim and Doug M. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Byrnes

Postby josmus » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:38 pm

i didn't realize how old byrnes was. My brother said he was a rookie, i didn't check. I like Cammy too, but he don't wanna stay.

As far as the yankee fans breeding like rabbits, the truth is, many who are 'Yankee Fans" neeed to know that the Yankee's are a baseball team! Some are "Fans" cause they think its kool. Being from the east coast originally, i can tell you - a winning season and most of them Stamkee fans trade in their caps ) for Mets caps in a split second. I remember 86 when the Mets "OWNED" NY like no team ever has.

Joe
josmus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Got Knees?

Postby josmus » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:37 am

Whats everyone think 'bout the Mets maybe gettin' Preston Wilson?
I think he had knee problems..Anyone know whats the deal with him?
josmus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:41 am

I don't know. Preston at Shea has Burnitz written all over it except that Wilson could steal a few bases.

According to Newsday the Mets are going to offer Delgado 4 years @ $45M. That might get it done.

I'm hoping that Cammy will be pretty excited about playing on a team that has a chance to contend. Here's to hoping. ;-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:51 am

welcome to the cafe josmus...... i hope u have enjoyed your stay here, as far as your projected lineup,,,looks like you will not be getting byrnes or delgado but hopefully doug m and cameron can work well for yaw in their spots......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to New York Mets