Hi Everyone - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Hi Everyone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hi Everyone

Postby josmus » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:37 pm

I'm Joe. I just registered a few days ago. I have posted a few on the 2005 predictions page, but this is my first here. Looking forward to a HUGE season for the Mets and also looking forward to following/contributing to these boards.

Lets Go Mets!
josmus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:42 pm

Welcome to the site. If you look around the FB talk, you'll see me (DK), Amazinz', and Absolutely Adequate are the big Mets fans here. We've also got Rirruto, Viper, and a ton of others. Glad to have you aboard! ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Rirruto » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:48 pm

Welcome to the Cafe, hope you have a good time around here ;-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Thanx for the welcome

Postby josmus » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:06 pm

I was wondering which route you'd like to see the Mets go. Get a Travis lee type first baseman, Get rid of Floyd and or Cameron and get a Maglio Ordonez or Manny Ramirez ( NOT Sosa, please!)

or

Get Delgado to play first and maybe Get rid of Cameron and have an outfield of Floyd, Beltran and maybe eric Valent?
josmus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby chris8 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:21 pm

Hey josmus, always great to have another Mets fan around!

I share your feelings about Sosa, would NOT like to see him at Shea.

I know we need another big bat, but I'd also like to see someone to strengthen the infield in the defence department - we had far too many errors there last year.

Still, whatever happens, this has been a very encouraging off-season so far ;-D
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 116)

Looks Like Byrnes

Postby josmus » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Well, its looks like Byrnes is coming to Shea to play right field. Now, Delgado will be here. Hopefully.....Is that an A-Mazing lineup or what?

Reyes
Byrnes
Beltran
Delgado
Piazza
wright
Floyd
matsui

What would be your order?
Its almost a shame batting wright 6th!
josmus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Looks Like Byrnes

Postby DK » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:50 pm

josmus wrote:Well, its looks like Byrnes is coming to Shea to play right field. Now, Delgado will be here. Hopefully.....Is that an A-Mazing lineup or what?

Reyes
Byrnes
Beltran
Delgado
Piazza
wright
Floyd
matsui

What would be your order?
Its almost a shame batting wright 6th!

Byrnes? come on, Omar, you can do better than that... Byrnes is decent, but nothing spectacular. Better can be had for Cammy.

I've also heard that Bradford may be coming to the Mets as well. Delgado ain't close to being a Met, yet. I hope so, though. (I just rhymed twice! Ain't I a poet, don't ya know it.)

I might bat Wright ahead of Piazza, or maybe even in the second spot (although he seems like a power hitter, if he starts drawing more BB's in the big show he might be better suited for the 2-hole). Otherwise, the line-up looks good. Maybe Matsui second... I don't know.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Byrnes

Postby josmus » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:03 pm

Byrnes had decent numbers. And remember, he's just a rookie. Plus, the chances of getting a Ramirez or Maglio PLUS Delgado are slim. Getting Byrnes will allow Omar the Magician to Go Full_Throttle after Delgado!

Matsui will probably bat second, but I kinda like the idea of some speed down at the bottom. This line up is becoming Scary to look at. Remonds me of the amazing Indians line up a few years ago. Only the 2005 Mets HAVE the pitching.

An outfield of Floyd, Beltran and Byrnes is more then fine. Either way, the Mets are looking pretty fine.
josmus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Byrnes

Postby Tavish » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:45 pm

josmus wrote:Byrnes had decent numbers. And remember, he's just a rookie. Plus, the chances of getting a Ramirez or Maglio PLUS Delgado are slim. Getting Byrnes will allow Omar the Magician to Go Full_Throttle after Delgado!

Byrnes was a rookie 3 years ago. A big bat would be nice for the lineup, but I really don't think they have to go overboard to get it. If Wright devolps into the hitter he has shown flashes of, the Mets should have the top offense in the East. The health of the staff is a concern with the age of Pedro/Glavine but, again if healthy, there should be no reason they can't walk away with the division.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Re: Byrnes

Postby DK » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:03 pm

josmus wrote:Byrnes had decent numbers. And remember, he's just a rookie. Plus, the chances of getting a Ramirez or Maglio PLUS Delgado are slim. Getting Byrnes will allow Omar the Magician to Go Full_Throttle after Delgado!

Matsui will probably bat second, but I kinda like the idea of some speed down at the bottom. This line up is becoming Scary to look at. Remonds me of the amazing Indians line up a few years ago. Only the 2005 Mets HAVE the pitching.

An outfield of Floyd, Beltran and Byrnes is more then fine. Either way, the Mets are looking pretty fine.

It looks solid, obviously... But Cameron's a better player than the Mets are getting in a trade. Although I heard Bradford may be coming over too... Which would be a better deal, if we don't give up Orber.

If we can get on base to utilize that speed, so be it. :-)
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to New York Mets