How do you keep your collection organized? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

How do you keep your collection organized?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GoatLocker » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:52 am

Thanks Madison.
Things have been going good.
Cliff
NL West Winners - San Diego Padres
GoatLocker
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:26 pm

GoatLocker wrote:Things have been going good.

Very glad to hear it! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:11 pm

I keep my collection sorted by value. My friends and I play hold em for cards, so this makes it easiest to find values to match up. Also makes it easiest to know where my good cards are.

You can register on beckett.com and look up card values there, albeit one at a time. Much cheaper than subscribing or buying it every month, especially with all the editions they put out ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby RyanK » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:45 pm

Ive kinda stopped collecting.. i need to save my money while im young!

but i have about 10 of those big white boxes stuffed with cards, i just kinda put them in there and stored them at my dads office becasue it was becoming a bad habit for me...

I would collect by sets, Baseball was Bowman, Football was Topps, Hockey was Upper Deck... then i would buy certin players here and their and maybe a box of something everynow and then
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:52 am

Great topic because I kept running into a certain problem...

I have essentially stopped collecting, but I still love my collection. My best and favorite cards I had in screw-downs and top-loaders but I realized something....

My collection is not an investment. The older most inserts get the more they lose value. I wanted to ENJOY my collection! The only idea I had for better viewing of my collection was to go ahead and put everything I enjoy looking at back into pages in a notebook.

Shuffling through screw-downs and top-loaders is just not the way to go if you enjoy looking at your collection IMO.

Also I feel like putting a complete set of something in a notebook is the only way to go. How else can you enjoy it? Put every single card into a soft sleeve and shuffle through 'em? :-t
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:08 am

Sticky Spice wrote:Great topic because I kept running into a certain problem...

I have essentially stopped collecting, but I still love my collection. My best and favorite cards I had in screw-downs and top-loaders but I realized something....

My collection is not an investment. The older most inserts get the more they lose value. I wanted to ENJOY my collection! The only idea I had for better viewing of my collection was to go ahead and put everything I enjoy looking at back into pages in a notebook.

Shuffling through screw-downs and top-loaders is just not the way to go if you enjoy looking at your collection IMO.

Also I feel like putting a complete set of something in a notebook is the only way to go. How else can you enjoy it? Put every single card into a soft sleeve and shuffle through 'em? :-t

That's fair but that's also assuming that you are only collecting in order to look at them and enjoy them. Some people are in it for the $$ or the $$ and to enjoy them.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:02 am

I sure as heck hope nobody is looking at their collection solely as a financial investment. !+)
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)

Previous

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia