How do you keep your collection organized? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

How do you keep your collection organized?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How do you keep your collection organized?

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:22 pm

Just curious how people have their card collections organized. I keep my superstar cards(Bonds, A-rod, etc) in pages and top loaders, and the less popular players(Johnny Damon, Jose Guillen, etc.) I keep in shoe boxes along with all the other scrubs sorted out by teams. Do you guys keep all cards in pages sorted out by every player, team, set, or year, or just keep them in shoe boxes as well??
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:50 pm

I use the big boxes that you buy in the shops. Been so long that I forget what they are actually called, but they are white and have 4 or 5 rows inside them for cards. I've got one for just commons, or oddball stuff, one for cards with some value (they are also in top loaders and then put in the box) and one that's nothing but Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez. Those are mostly in one screw cases and then loaded into the box. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:54 pm

Madison wrote:I use the big boxes that you buy in the shops. Been so long that I forget what they are actually called, but they are white and have 4 or 5 rows inside them for cards. I've got one for just commons, or oddball stuff, one for cards with some value (they are also in top loaders and then put in the box) and one that's nothing but Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez. Those are mostly in one screw cases and then loaded into the box. :-)

Ahhh hadn't thought about those, so you have all cards with some value in juse one box, not organized by player or anything?

Also, are you still interested in buying my collection? I could use the money. :-D
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:09 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:Ahhh hadn't thought about those, so you have all cards with some value in juse one box, not organized by player or anything?

Also, are you still interested in buying my collection? I could use the money. :-D

Yep, all in one box. There really aren't that many of them and by value, I mean at least $5 or so. I always used them to trade for the Pudge stuff I wanted or Pudge stuff I didn't have yet. :-)

I'm moving at the end of the month, so probably not a good idea to ship anything at the moment. Not to mention that the post office, UPS, and USPS is all screwy right now with the new address change they put in. I didn't move, but they changed the address. Now I don't even get all my bills every month since those guys are morons. Oh well, a couple more weeks and I will be moving so that problem should be solved. After that, I'll get with you on those cards. Give me a reminder in February though. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:54 pm

FWIW, I usually do 1 of 3 things. For the really valuable stuff, it goes in a screw mount. For the good stuff, it goes in a penny sleeve and then a toploader and then into 1 of those boxes that Mad mentioned. The commons go in the above box sans toploader.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:31 pm

eftda wrote:Lo, do you still collect?

Very little as of now. All of my stuff is securely stored but I haven't really look around much lately. Inserts and game-used cards weren't really unique anymore and I got sick of $5+ packs. I might have to look around but the excitement level isn't what it used to be. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Arlo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:09 am

I keep most of my cards in those big boxes as well (at least, the ones that aren't just sitting around in stacks somewhere...), sorted by set, with autographs and game-used cards separate.

I really need to find the time to organize those stacks... :-o
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GoatLocker » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:34 pm

Basically do the same thing Lo does.
Got real ambitious a few years ago.
Bought the database from Beckett.
Was all set to get everything cataloged.
Had my heart attack and everything still sets.

They are all locked down in a huge cabinet in the garage, and still threaten that I will get to them one of these days.

A lot of sets are in pages and binders.

Haven't bought anything in ages though.

Cliff
Cliff
NL West Winners - San Diego Padres
GoatLocker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:26 pm

GoatLocker wrote:Had my heart attack and everything still sets.

Glad to see you are still with us, and here's to a speedy and solid recovery. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia