what to do with mondesi....? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

what to do with mondesi....?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

what to do with mondesi....?

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:13 am

someone CUT him in a 7x7 league (5x5 plus Ks and hits for offense, cg shutouts and losses on pitching) and then NOBODY claimed him on waivers (i was in position 8 out of 10). it looks like pressure from the boss, not to mention being buried in the best lineup in the game, has enabled him to step up and be the player people hoped he could be.

that said, would you try and trade him if he can get up to like, 8-10 hr and 6-10 SB, seeing as nobody claimed him after he was cut for some unknown reason (he was cut for kevin millar. um.. helo?) or would you try and keep him to milk him.

i've got a solid team offensively in that league... slow start, but i'm climbing up the ladder. here's the offense, (u) denotes utility player (2 slots) and (b) denotes benching, oh, and OF positions are position specific, no general OFs

c - jason kendall
1b - erubiel durazo / raul ibanez (u) / hee seop choi (b)
2b - luis castillo
ss - jose valentin
3b - joe crede
RF - vladimir guerrero / raul ibanez (u) / raul mondesi (u)
CF - vernon wells
LF - manny ramirez / raul ibanez (u) / hideki matsui (b)

what do you think? the only glaring hole in the lineup seems to be joe crede... but i think he'll be a.280/25/80 guy which is fine for the dirt cheap price i got him for. so what to do with mondesi? trade him, or ride him, maybe dealing a player like hee seop, or maybe even ibanez... but i'm inclined to keep raul since his versatility and steady production are always welcome.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers