Hey! A bowling thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hey! A bowling thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:30 pm

Hmm...............

Favorites:

1. Norm Duke----A class act that can play any line on any condition. The true definition of a bowler.

2. Robert Smith---Always nice to see the big power game and even with all that power, he's still pretty accurate. Very hard to do.

3. Pete Weber----Brings excitement and trash talk to the game. Instead of the same old bland stuff, you get true emotion from him. Fun to watch.

4. Chris Johnson---I grew up bowling against him and I want to see him continue his success out there. Plus we are similar bowlers, so I can "read" the lanes based on what his ball is doing and it gives me some insight as to what the condition is really like.

The 5th spot is tough.

I like Voss, but I believe he needs to move forward into the new day and age. When the older bowler's shot works, he does well, but I believe him to still be stuck in the old age.

I also like Mika Koivuniemi but he literally lofts the ball in the air until it reaches the arrows. His emotion is great, but I don't like his game.

D. J. Archer gets a mention since he's another local boy. My father actually taught him quite a bit about bowling, so I'd like to see success for him as well.

I would say Parker gets the 5th spot. Always a professional. Gives back to the sport and community. Has a solid game. Just a good guy all around.

As to who I dislike:

1. Walter Ray---Plays the exact same line every time he bowls regardless of the oil pattern. That's not bowling. Adjustments are necessary. He just drills another ball to play "his" shot instead of having the ability to play the shot on the lanes. Overrated.

2. David Traber----He's a jerk. No other way to put it. I've been around him enough to say that. Also, the tour gives 30 minutes of warm up prior to the telecast, so he takes out a freshly sanded ball and tries to dry up the outside part of the lanes to give himself some extra area on the lane to play. Borderline cheating to me.

3. Patrick Allen----Walks around and acts like he truely believes he's God's gift to bowling. Confidence is one thing, but he goes overboard with it and doesn't really have the game to back it up.

4. Jason Couch-----All revs, no control. When he's got area, he's deadly, when he actually has to split a board, he stinks. Reminds me a lot of my kid brother before my kid brother really learned how to bowl.

5. Bob Learn Jr.-----Again, all revs, not much control. When he taps, he acts like the world is dead set on him losing and he didn't deserve the tap (even when it was a bad shot). Just not a fan of his.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:41 pm

Madison wrote:Hmm...............

Favorites:

1. Norm Duke----A class act that can play any line on any condition. The true definition of a bowler.

Ah, that reminds me. Hows Mrs. Norm Duke doing :-D

My high game is 308 or something like that.... yeah I played 5 pin not 10 pin though :-D I think I had 6 or 7 strikes in a row... not bad for somebody who hardly plays.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mocabeenow » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:05 pm

Never underestimate Amleto Monacheli ;-D

Never.

~Moc
mocabeenow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 191)

Postby Rico The Retard » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:47 pm

nice pic musky
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby LBJackal » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:05 pm

acsguitar wrote:Image

Nobody ... with the jesus

You pull any a that chit out here homes, flashin your piece out on the lanes - I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass, and pull the ****in' trigger til it goes 'click'!

8 year olds Dude.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:33 am

LBJackal wrote:
Madison wrote:Hmm...............

Favorites:

Ah, that reminds me. Hows Mrs. Norm Duke doing :-D

My high game is 308 or something like that.... yeah I played 5 pin not 10 pin though :-D I think I had 6 or 7 strikes in a row... not bad for somebody who hardly plays.

She's doing well thanks! ;-D Might even see her around these parts once spring training gets here. ;-)

5 pin? That's not bowling...... :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:30 am

Hey Perlick, you see Sunday's show? Your boy Bohn won with a 288. Front 10, then blew it in the 11th. Still won the tourney beating out Robert Smith's 235. It was a good show all around. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby perlick29 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:57 pm

Just wanted to bump this thread back up for Mad and I. I'm watching Patrick Allen on TV at the US open.

Ugh, I'm disgusted with him. What an ass! Good thing Barnes is putting the whoopin to him. You were perfect in your analysis of he thinks he's gods gift to bowling. :-t

EDIT: Ok, I just saw the balk. Classic Barnes, he chokes. Opened the door wide freakin open.

EDIT 2: YEAH! Nice 10th from Barnes! Congrats, Mazel all that, nice to see PA lose.
Last edited by perlick29 on Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:58 pm

Madison wrote:Hey Perlick, you see Sunday's show? Your boy Bohn won with a 288. Front 10, then blew it in the 11th. Still won the tourney beating out Robert Smith's 235. It was a good show all around. :-)

And yes, I saw it! PB3, didn't I tell you?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:49 pm

Mika Koivuniemi (sp?) and Patrick Allen in a roll of was pretty neat....glad to see Allen get beat... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk