24 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nikku88 » Tue May 24, 2005 10:31 am

I think season 4 is now my favourite. Season 1 is still up there, but the amnesia plot was pretty crappy.
I wonder what they will do in Season 5. Jack could resurface, or maybe they will do something not involving CTU.
Is he going to Mexico? Canada?
I assume Mexico, but I don't think they clearly said.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue May 24, 2005 12:22 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:I must be getting old, my memory is failing. Anyone got a good summary of each season so I can remember? I've tried googling it, but only found one or two sentence summaries--unhelpful.

season 1 was mainly about the attempt on the life of then senator palmer who was running for president... it also had the ending with the death of jacks wife....

season 2 was about jack and kim and their relationship since jacks wifes death... at first jack was not even working but the now President Palmer called him back to work as there was a bomb to go off and it did over the desert..... it ended with President Palmer shaking hands with Mia that left him crippled in his hand as the show went off.....

season 3 was about jack going under cover in mexico and being addicted to drugs and jack had a awesome break out from the prison... this is also the series where they had the disease released in the hotel in LA and many people were killed... also in this show tony committed treason as he "helped" the terrorists escape jacks capture to save his wife.....

hope this helps you trans...

but anyways only about 5 hours to go before the 2 hour finale is on.... cant wait.....

This is good, but do you have more details on season one and two, please. I'm losing my mind!

Thanks
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue May 24, 2005 12:24 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:wow what a finale.... Jack is definitely the man, but now since he is "dead", i think next years show will be extremely hard to write......
but i cant wait for next year,,,,,,, and I would hope that in real life that our US President would not let a top man, who saved this country, like Jack Bauer just be charged by a foreign country like china was going to do with jack....

but anyways great show and i rank it 2nd all time to season 1... i think season 1's shock factor at the end gives it the nod over this one.....

yeah, that's going to be a tough one to write, unless Jack is leaving the show. But if he is, they should have just killed him.

Plus, Tony and whats-her-name are leaving CTU. No one willbe left. It'll be interesting to see what happened.

And what choice did they have to give up Jack? You don't want war with the Chinese, that's for sure. You could try and call their bluff, though.

The question is: Did they release the other agent, or what?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue May 24, 2005 12:25 pm

One last question: Did the CTU head--I forget his name--know about the Jack-isn't-dead scam? If so, that was good acting in telling Secretary Heller's daughter.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby nikku88 » Tue May 24, 2005 12:28 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:One last question: Did the CTU head--I forget his name--know about the Jack-isn't-dead scam? If so, that was good acting in telling Secretary Heller's daughter.

I don't think he knows.
Only Tony, Michelle, Chloe and the President know.
I would guess he would phone Kim too.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue May 24, 2005 4:42 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:I must be getting old, my memory is failing. Anyone got a good summary of each season so I can remember? I've tried googling it, but only found one or two sentence summaries--unhelpful.

season 1 was mainly about the attempt on the life of then senator palmer who was running for president... it also had the ending with the death of jacks wife....

season 2 was about jack and kim and their relationship since jacks wifes death... at first jack was not even working but the now President Palmer called him back to work as there was a bomb to go off and it did over the desert..... it ended with President Palmer shaking hands with Mia that left him crippled in his hand as the show went off.....

season 3 was about jack going under cover in mexico and being addicted to drugs and jack had a awesome break out from the prison... this is also the series where they had the disease released in the hotel in LA and many people were killed... also in this show tony committed treason as he "helped" the terrorists escape jacks capture to save his wife.....

hope this helps you trans...

but anyways only about 5 hours to go before the 2 hour finale is on.... cant wait.....

This is good, but do you have more details on season one and two, please. I'm losing my mind!

Thanks

here you go try these......

season 1 or season 2
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue May 24, 2005 4:46 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:wow what a finale.... Jack is definitely the man, but now since he is "dead", i think next years show will be extremely hard to write......
but i cant wait for next year,,,,,,, and I would hope that in real life that our US President would not let a top man, who saved this country, like Jack Bauer just be charged by a foreign country like china was going to do with jack....

but anyways great show and i rank it 2nd all time to season 1... i think season 1's shock factor at the end gives it the nod over this one.....

yeah, that's going to be a tough one to write, unless Jack is leaving the show. But if he is, they should have just killed him.

Plus, Tony and whats-her-name are leaving CTU. No one willbe left. It'll be interesting to see what happened.

And what choice did they have to give up Jack? You don't want war with the Chinese, that's for sure. You could try and call their bluff, though.

The question is: Did they release the other agent, or what?

there is no way Jack can leave the show,,,,, Jack is 24....... as far as the chinese, if i was the President of the US, there is no way i could give up jack, as much as he had done for the US.......

but as far as next year, i think it will be tough to do... what will jack be doing ,,, i am assuming he will be in mexico, but there is no way the president would call him to do a job, cause the chinese will still be wanting him,,, and if tony and the rest of ctu is gone, then who would know about jack anyways?????
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaTribeFan » Wed May 25, 2005 2:52 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:The question is: Did they release the other agent, or what?

Since the Chinese acting-consulate showed the video of the CTU agent making the confession, I'd have to assume they let him go.

And I wonder if the Chinese still had their satellite birds taksed over CTU....looks pretty strange when a car leaves with 3 people and one gets out in an abandoned dock area, and the car heads back to CTU, doesn't it?

Overall, a great season. Prolly my favorite.

And (don't shoot me for saying this) there were no Kim sightings the entire season! I was glad...her character was dumber than a box of rocks.
VaTribeFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KPucks » Wed May 25, 2005 6:59 pm

I think the show could survive if just Jack returned. Don't forget, the only reurning characters in the beginning of this season were Jack and Chloe and the plot was still really good. Bringing back the old characters definitely added another dimension because we like them from before, but new characters would be fine if properly developed. Of course, if we can have a convicted felon return to CTU and a former president that has nothing to do with the current regime return to play prominent roles this year, I doubt the 24 writers will have trouble bringing back any character if they want to.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk