24 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Fri May 20, 2005 1:03 pm

My friend and I just finished Season 2 a couple days ago. It was the day of our last Final and the day I was moving out, to go home from college. We watched 2 episodes right before the final and 7 afterwards in the mad dash to finish.

I must say, the second season was incredible. Much better than the 1st.

I can't imagine how much training Keifer must have had so he could play this character, with all of the Special Forces etc moves he makes. Jack Bauer, the ultimate badass ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daullaz » Fri May 20, 2005 7:31 pm

blankman wrote:My friend and I just finished Season 2 a couple days ago. It was the day of our last Final and the day I was moving out, to go home from college. We watched 2 episodes right before the final and 7 afterwards in the mad dash to finish.

I can't imagine how much training Keifer must have had so he could play this character, with all of the Special Forces etc moves he makes. Jack Bauer, the ultimate badass ;-D

Season 2 was the best by far. Not saying the others were bad at all (I've enjoyed every episode), but season 2 was just amazing. I watched the enitre thing in a day and a half, stopping only to catch a 6 hour nap.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat May 21, 2005 11:50 am

daullaz wrote:
blankman wrote:My friend and I just finished Season 2 a couple days ago. It was the day of our last Final and the day I was moving out, to go home from college. We watched 2 episodes right before the final and 7 afterwards in the mad dash to finish.

Season 2 was the best by far. Not saying the others were bad at all (I've enjoyed every episode), but season 2 was just amazing. I watched the enitre thing in a day and a half, stopping only to catch a 6 hour nap.

season 2 was good, but i preferred season 1... guess it was the newness of the show and the shock ending of jacks wife being killed that makes it #1 in my eyes.... but this season may be right up there with it if Monday goes well and we have a shock ending like i am expecting....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon May 23, 2005 11:49 am

I must be getting old, my memory is failing. Anyone got a good summary of each season so I can remember? I've tried googling it, but only found one or two sentence summaries--unhelpful.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon May 23, 2005 4:26 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:I must be getting old, my memory is failing. Anyone got a good summary of each season so I can remember? I've tried googling it, but only found one or two sentence summaries--unhelpful.

season 1 was mainly about the attempt on the life of then senator palmer who was running for president... it also had the ending with the death of jacks wife....

season 2 was about jack and kim and their relationship since jacks wifes death... at first jack was not even working but the now President Palmer called him back to work as there was a bomb to go off and it did over the desert..... it ended with President Palmer shaking hands with Mia that left him crippled in his hand as the show went off.....

season 3 was about jack going under cover in mexico and being addicted to drugs and jack had a awesome break out from the prison... this is also the series where they had the disease released in the hotel in LA and many people were killed... also in this show tony committed treason as he "helped" the terrorists escape jacks capture to save his wife.....

hope this helps you trans...

but anyways only about 5 hours to go before the 2 hour finale is on.... cant wait.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Mon May 23, 2005 6:06 pm

And don't forget the agonizingly-long seven-month wait till January for 24: Season Five.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby kentx12 » Mon May 23, 2005 10:09 pm

Great show tonight and great season ;-D

I really thought the end of the show had alot of closure and was getting scared that it might be the end of the series till the end. I cant wait till Jan. 2006 ;-D

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Pacman » Mon May 23, 2005 10:15 pm

Outstanding conclusion. Jack Bauer so kicks butt.

And as the person who all season long has repeatedly hyped just how amazingly sexy Mia Kirshner is, I think I need to call on the sig-creating masters of the cafe to create me a smokin hot Mia Sig.

;-D
Last edited by Pacman on Tue May 24, 2005 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby baseball6791 » Tue May 24, 2005 1:20 am

wow what a finale...

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue May 24, 2005 8:50 am

wow what a finale.... Jack is definitely the man, but now since he is "dead", i think next years show will be extremely hard to write......
but i cant wait for next year,,,,,,, and I would hope that in real life that our US President would not let a top man, who saved this country, like Jack Bauer just be charged by a foreign country like china was going to do with jack....

but anyways great show and i rank it 2nd all time to season 1... i think season 1's shock factor at the end gives it the nod over this one.....
raiders_umpire

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk