24 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:45 pm

i was worried when i had heard that they had decided to not bring back most of the regulars from the previous years(tony, michelle, president palmer), but from last nights show, it seems they still have the same good show planned for us this year.....cant wait for tonites "cliff hanger".........
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:13 pm

Personally I think this is a horrible show...The idea is great with the one season is 24 hours...but the show stinks IMO
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pacman » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:44 pm

I still enjoy 24. Each season I expect it to fall flat, but every time I get hooked, and wind up satisfied.

Last night, the new season got off to a great start. Two hours to start it last night -- and two MORE hours tonight (Monday)!

It's interesting that Jack is a total outsider now, and (predictably) he's the only one at CTU with a clue.

Glad the past series' President (Palmer) is gone, he was a doofus. William Defane as the kidnapped Secretary of Defense is off to a good start.

Lastly, I'll miss the sexy Elisha Cuthbert... but at least I can still see her on sigs and avitars in the Cafe.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:15 pm

I watched my first episode of 24 last night. Man, was that good!

I've never watched it before because I was always afraid that I would miss a show and be completely out of the loop. I'm going to try to not miss any of this season.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby KPucks » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:19 pm

I love this show. When season 1 came out on DVD, I watched the whole thing in a soan of 36 hours. I too was worried that this season was gonna blow because nobody was going to come back (including the hot Elisha Cuthbert :~( ), but last night started off the season great and I can't wait to see tonight's.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:29 pm

Im a huge 24 fan - for some reason the show is simply addicting. We have the first 2 seasons on DVD and will probably get the 3rd soon.

Needless to say we were planted in front of the tube last night and will be again tonight.

Its just a great show, keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:08 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im a huge 24 fan - for some reason the show is simply addicting. We have the first 2 seasons on DVD and will probably get the 3rd soon.

Needless to say we were planted in front of the tube last night and will be again tonight.

you need to go ahead and get the 3rd as well.....not much is better than in the middle of the summer then putting in the dvd of 24 past shows and watching it one more time....... ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:09 pm

acsguitar wrote:Personally I think this is a horrible show...The idea is great with the one season is 24 hours...but the show stinks IMO

sorry to hear that
raiders_umpire

Postby wkelly91 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:29 pm

acsguitar wrote:Personally I think this is a horrible show...The idea is great with the one season is 24 hours...but the show stinks IMO

I'm with you Guitar :-P
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:43 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im a huge 24 fan - for some reason the show is simply addicting. We have the first 2 seasons on DVD and will probably get the 3rd soon.

Me too, CB. I love it. There's a lot of cheesy-ness, though. Or stupidity. I mean, if I'm having my kid deliver a briefcase so he won't be suspected, do I have him carry it as is? No, I put it in a backpack--makes more sense.

Or, Do I have a little fight and handcuf another officer while the guy we're chasing could be getting away? no.

It got a little silly--as it always does--but I've learned to take the good with the bad.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk