One spot open in the Funky 14! Dedicated owners only! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

One spot open in the Funky 14! Dedicated owners only!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

One spot open in the Funky 14! Dedicated owners only!

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:06 am

Hi, I am the commish of a free cafe keeper league called the Funky Fourteen. We have a forum in the Draft Room section of the cafe. You cant see us because its a private forum, but I promise we are there! :-D We have one owner who is extremely unreliable and hasnt responded to any emails or pms we have sent, so we are going to replace him. We are looking for a very dedicated owner, preferably a cafe vet.

Here are the league settings straight from our forum:

Scoring Type: Roto

Number of Owners: 14

Duration: Infinite

Number of players to keep: 10 the first year, 15 the next, full dynasty (keep all players) the next.

Minor Leagues: {READ CAREFULLY} Beginning the second season, we will have a minor league draft of 5 rounds following the regular draft, reverse order of the regular draft (when full dynasty mode sets in, the minor league draft will be in reverse order of the standings). Thereafter, when a minor leaguer gets called up to the majors before September, his owner will have 14 days to add him to his major roster. If an owner fails to add his called-up minor leaguer to his major roster before the specified time, the minor leaguer will be available to the entire league (in order of WW priority; the commissioner will reinstate the player's WW status at the end of the two weeks).

If a minor leaguer is called up in September, then his owner will have 7 days to add him to his major roster. A September call-up is guaranteed to his owner for the next season both on his minor roster (given that he retains his rookie status) or on his major roster (meaning off-season callups are allowed), whether or not his owner calls him up during the specified time period. If not, he will not be able to call him up that year, but will not lose ownership of that player.

Only at the minor league draft of the following year can an owner replenish his minor league roster, NOT during the year. If one of your major-leaguer players gets sent down to the minors, you can either drop that player or drop one of your minor leaguers to make room for that player. If a previous minor leaguer gets sent back down during the specified picking-up period (either in or before September), but before he has been picked up, his owner does not have to pick him up. The trading of minor leaguers along with major leaguers is allowed.

Roster Positions: Hitters: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, RF, CF, LF, OF, Util, Util
Pitchers: SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P
Other: BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

Scoring Categories: traditional 5x5 - R, RBI, HR, SB, AVG, W, K, SV, WHIP, ERA

Draft Type: Slow draft here in this forum.

Transaction Limit: none

IP limit: 1450 innings

Games played limit: 162

Waivers: Two-day rolling priority, starting in reverse draft order.

Trading: Any player or any draft pick can be traded at any time for any other player or any other draft pick so long as there is no collusion. All completed trades must be posted in the Trades sticky (that the commish will create) so they can be reviewed under the designated process.

Trade Deadline: no deadline

Trade review process: If there is a trade made and you feel that there might be collusion, make a post here (We will add a Trades thread when the time comes) and ask for both parties to justify their positions. After this process, if you feel their reasoning is bogus, and there was indeed collusion, vote to veto here. It takes 5 votoes to get is sent to the commissioner where he will further discuss with the owners their reasoning and make an informed decision on the matter. If 8 vetoes are collected (majority) it's vetoed outright. Vetoes are only to be used when there is clear collusion. If there is any sort of defensible claim (even if its misguided), veto power should not and must not be used.

If you like what you see, please post here or pm me. We will take the first owner who demonstrates full commitment both during offseasons and during the regular season. Being a cafe regular/veteran is a plus. Once we pick an owner, I will have Arlo add you to our usergroup, and you can then join and look at our forum.

Thanks,
BN
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:00 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm another member of the Funky 14, I just thought any of you who are considering applying for this last opening would like to know who you would be playing with...these are the members, so send any interest to BN, Sooper or myself.

Bloody Nipples

Mikegp

So0peRsPam

slomo007

Mustangs989

raiders_umpire

George_Foreman

Ensanimal

Pokerplaya

tal1286

jbones733 -

Pomplona's Finest

oddmanout7
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby WeaponsMasProduction » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:38 pm

I really like the league format (keepers rolling into full dynasty). I would love to join the league, I understand your probably looking for someone who's been posting here longer, but if I qualify I would definitely be interested in joining.

Let me know.

Thanks
Trees
WeaponsMasProduction
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:41 pm

The Funky Fourteen has found its new owner. Thanks and apologies to all others who applied, and good luck in all your leagues this year.

Sincerely,
BN
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Classifieds