What is Elvys worth? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is Elvys worth?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is Elvys worth?

Postby Elvys Owner » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:20 pm

Hey guys, I'm in a non-keeper roto league and currently own Runelvys Hernandez. With a 4-0 start and a 1.10 ERA I'm thinking now is the time to sell high before the Royals come back to earth. I'm curious as to what you guys think would be fair value for him. Offensively my team is set but I need a little help in saves so if I could get a pretty good closer for him I would do it. I would also be willing to trade him for a proven starter. So tell me guys... What is Elvys worth?
Elvys Owner

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby MookieNJ » Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:50 pm

I wouldn't expect to get too much from him. I don't think anyone would trade a proven starter for him. I think you could get a middle of the road closer though, from someone who's starting pitching is hurting.
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRock » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:21 pm

Still too early in the year to expect to trade him for much. Most everyone expects the Royals to choke big time and soon. I for one think Runelvys is darn good and wouldn't mind having him, but the guy who owns him in our league is expecting to get stud value for him, whereas I'm thinking I might trade Ainsworth or Zambrano. But probably not Zambrano because he at least plays for a team where I think he'll get good run support.

I think you're best holding him and enjoying the ride while it lasts, or if you're sold on him, hold him and trade someone else.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby sinicalypse » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:02 am

i'm considering holding on to him this season. so far, he hasn't been killer tradebait... but he's held his own against the white sox twice... i think he can beat the twins... and quite frankily, i won't worry about him until he implodes or faces the yankees, bosox, a's, or rangers. still, i think he has 10-15 win stuff and can have a 3.5ish era for the whole season. who says he isn't this year's vicente padilla, who was a nice early season pickup last season, and ended up being a keeper... runlevys ended last season on a good note, and started off well this year. i dont think the royals let him be their ace for nothing.

on a related note, i think macdougal is set for 35 saves or more this seaqson. the royals look like they're a .500 team, hell, maybe even 90 wins. beltran hasn't even got going yet.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby DGroundhog » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:48 am

Someone in my league was selling him as the 12th rated SP and was demanding a top OF in return.

I told him I might consider trading the 10th rated OF for him (Carl Everett). I'm not sure I'd even do it, but both were waiver wire claims, and I think that's about his worth.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers