So, what's our lineup looking like right now? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

So, what's our lineup looking like right now?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So, what's our lineup looking like right now?

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:11 pm

Something like
1. Matsui
2. Reyes
3. Beltran
4. Piazza
5. Cameron
6. Floyd
7. Wright
8. Brazell/Phillips/Valent/Whoever?
9. Pitcher (Because the Mets play real baseball and don't need a stinkin DH)

Then we could have Petit come up for the stretch drive and perform a Dontrelle Willis for us.

But this looks like a good damn team. We've got 5 guys that could very well steal 20+ bags each (plus Floyd isn't too slow either, stealing 11 last year). 5 guys could hit 20+ home runs as well. I'm excited.

What's the lineup going to look like this year?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:21 pm

I'm definitely excited. Just working with what we know we have this would be my guess:

SS Reyes
2B Mastui
CF Beltran
C Piazza
LF Floyd
3B Wright
RF Cameron/Diaz (until Cammy gets back)
1B Phillips
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:I'm definitely excited. Just working with what we know we have this would be my guess:

SS Reyes
2B Mastui
CF Beltran
C Piazza
LF Floyd
3B Wright
1B Phillips

Wright will probably bat ahead of Floyd.

AA, I need to know: are you still in AD?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:58 pm

Amazinz wrote:I'm definitely excited. Just working with what we know we have this would be my guess:

SS Reyes
2B Mastui
CF Beltran
C Piazza
LF Floyd
3B Wright
1B Phillips

Looks about right to me. Being greedy, I'd hope they could replace Phillips/Brazell with Minky or even Delgado if the cards fell right. First base and MR seems to be our only gaping holes, though the starting staff has a lot of injury potential. (That being said, who's rotation doesn't)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:58 pm

I think the media has been down on our bullpen a little too much. It's not the greatest but it has the potential to be pretty good.

As long as the rotation doesn't get decimated with injuries I think Heilmann, Seo (assuming he's still here by spring) and Ginter should be fine as the 6th man.

We also have Strickland coming back this year which should provide a good boost. Yates started to look really good in September.

Looper
Strickland
Moreno
Yates
Dejean
Fortunato
Heredia
-----------
Bell?
McGinley?
Feliciano?
Soler?
Aybar?

We just got that Korean reliever too, Koo?, but I don't really know much about him.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rirruto » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:39 pm

My ideal lineup would be:

Reyes
Matsui
Beltran
Piazza
Wright (Piazza/Wright interchangable)
Floyd
Cameron
Phillips
Pedro
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:28 am

Anyone think Omar goes after Sosa now that he can do no wrong? There's a rumor in a Tribune article today that suggest the Mets/Cubs trade talks are still ongoing.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Rirruto » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:13 am

I dont want Sosa on the team. He strikes out way too much, not that good at defense, and is clearly on the decline and is not worth all that money. Whats he make, like 17 mil? And who knows what kind of propects we'd have to give up for him. I'd rather get Maggs.

Also, we saw how upset Sosa got after slipping down to the 6 spot for the Cubs. What if he goes into another bad slump (which is very likely) and we need to move him down? We all know how sensetive he is about it and priding himself as a true slugger. I just dont think its very smart for the Mets.

Thoughts?
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:27 am

Yeah I don't want Sosa either but I'm a little nervous now that the rumors are starting to pop up again. I think Omar kind of backed off because of the backlash but now that he landed Carlos and Pedro he could probably get away with bringing back Bonilla. :-o
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:06 am

i am thinking the lineup will look similar to this...

1. reyes
2. matsui
3. beltran
4. piazza
5. floyd
6. wright ( i think he will hit here so that so much pressure will not be on him
7. cameron
8. Mientkiewicz
9. pitcher....

not a bad lineup...speed is solid, power is solid..main thing will be injuries and youth question marks....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to New York Mets