My take on the NY Mets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My take on the NY Mets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:08 pm

BGbootha wrote:I would agree with you there, I am mostly just going to wait and see what amazinz has to say on this one?!?

I'm too busy smiling, drinking beer and laughing at Yanks04 to formulate any cohesive thoughts. :-b
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:17 pm

TheYanks04 is a wise man. I've heard this same song and dance about the Mets a few times in the recent past. In 2002 they added Mo Vaughn, Robby Alomar and a highly touted Jeromy Burnitz among others - they won about 75 games. In 2003 they acquired Tom Glavine, Cliff Floyd and a few other players - they were predicted to win the NL East - they again won about 75.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....what?.......zz...WHAT??....the mets did what?.......yeah ok, that's nice......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wake me up when you actually do something aside from being the Washington Redskins of the NL East.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 850
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uranus

Postby Viper8437 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:17 pm

Amazinz wrote:
BGbootha wrote:I would agree with you there, I am mostly just going to wait and see what amazinz has to say on this one?!?

I'm too busy smiling, drinking beer and laughing at Yanks04 to formulate any cohesive thoughts. :-b


haha
yea
Yanks..you could do what you just did for any team not just the mets as you see i did before but u didnt bother to respond to cause you just got....well no cursing allowed here so ill leave it at that

all you seem to do is want to hate to mets
your too proyankee and one dimensional to do anything else
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1016
Joined: 2 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tribe-Fan » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:20 pm

nsulham wrote:Welcome back Tribe-Fan ;-D


Thank you....great to be back.
Eternal vigilance is the price of integrity.
Tribe-Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 376
Joined: 1 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Born in Cleveland, so they are my team. Mine.

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:23 pm

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:I've heard this same song and dance about the Mets a few times in the recent past.

Hey, thanks. This wouldn't have been an official Mets thread without a whining Braves fan. ;-D
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby nsulham » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:24 pm

Way to beat out George Mets fans ;-D
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby DK » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:24 pm

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:TheYanks04 is a wise man. I've heard this same song and dance about the Mets a few times in the recent past. In 2002 they added Mo Vaughn, Robby Alomar and a highly touted Jeromy Burnitz among others - they won about 75 games. In 2003 they acquired Tom Glavine, Cliff Floyd and a few other players - they were predicted to win the NL East - they again won about 75.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....what?.......zz...WHAT??....the mets did what?.......yeah ok, that's nice......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wake me up when you actually do something aside from being the Washington Redskins of the NL East.


Wake me up when you actually realize that the Wilpon's aren't controlling the Mets anymore. It's like blaming the new Iraqi leader (name fails me) for what Saddam did. Two completely different things.

Wake me up when you take off your "Mets Suck because of a few bad signings" blinders and accept the fact that we're not going away.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:27 pm

Okay now I am so confused, Aren't the Mets that team last year that was 25 games out in the NL East? Were they not the same team that thought they had what it took last Spring and the Spring before and the Spring before after signing a lot of high priced guys?

What if Pedro's arm goes out like everyone seems to think it could on every pitch? What if Beltran hits .265 like last year but only hits 25 HR's?

I just don't see the big upgrade here. Sure it sounds nice, but the Yankees did much more by getting RJ. He is a stud, and again makes the Yankees the king of New York and most likely baseball.

As far as the Mets go, they are just trying to be noticed in their own town. Okay, time to go continue drinking now - good night.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 850
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uranus

Postby DK » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:
FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:I've heard this same song and dance about the Mets a few times in the recent past.

Hey, thanks. This wouldn't have been an official Mets thread without a whining Braves fan. ;-D


LOL. :D Thanks for making us seem less bitter. ;-D
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby DK » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:33 pm

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:Okay now I am so confused, Aren't the Mets that team last year that was 25 games out in the NL East? Were they not the same team that thought they had what it took last Spring and the Spring before and the Spring before after signing a lot of high priced guys?

I just don't see the big upgrade here. Sure it sounds nice, but the Yankees did much more by getting RJ. He is a stud, and again makes the Yankees the king of New York and most likely baseball.

As far as the Mets go, they are just trying to be noticed in their own town. Okay, time to go continue drinking now - good night.


Same team, many different players. Delgado ain't Mo Vaughn (and yes, I know Delgado isn't a Met- yet- but hypothetically). Beltran, as much as I think he is overpriced, is still a good player. Pedro is the best pitcher in baseball (don't disagree with me, I'm way too tired of arguing this).

RJ isn't Pedro. RJ is 42 and pitching off of a plastic knee. I see injuries or downfall this year.


FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:What if Pedro's arm goes out like everyone seems to think it could on every pitch? What if Beltran hits .265 like last year but only hits 25 HR's?


What if Chipper retires tomorrow? What if the Braves don't win this year? What if you're just bitter? What if there's no point to talking about this?

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact