lets list some rankings people???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

lets list some rankings people????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

lets list some rankings people????

Postby kage812004 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:16 pm

anyone want to list there rankings for each position??

maybe top 10 or 15 for each position, id love to see what people are thinking, i know its early but im in the middle of a pretty important draft right now. is it just me or is the shortstop position pretty thin this year?? im thinking michael young or nomar for my next pick if they are there since there isnt much else other than tejada but hes long gone and maybe renteria but defonitly not a 2nd round pick, theres a couple others i would rather take at that pick but that position just seems so thin this year. were in the 2nd round, im about 8 picks away.

oh, to the the couple guys who cant let some yankees redsox talk go, let it be, :-b , i did take pujols, i was an idiot even considering beltre but just to let ya know he went 7th in my league.

any ranking would be greatly appreciated and leave i link if u want, thanks.
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:30 pm

UMMMMMMM YEAH SUPRISINGLY SS IS A SHALLOW POSITION THIS YEAR AMAZING BUT THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN CONSIDER MICHAEL YOUNG IN THE SECOND ROUND THATS WORSE THAN BELTRE AT NUMBER ONE

MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST DO A SEARCH OF THIS SITE AND I BET YOU WILL FIND OH MAYBE TEN DIFFERENT THREADS ON RANKINGS
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 479)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kage812004 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:55 pm

wow, some of u people on here are somthing else, i ask a honest question and simply ask if people want to leave there rankings and thats the response i get. sorry big man for my question, lol.
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dannahann » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:56 pm

As Lewboski points out a search should turn up some rankings. There were a series of early preliminary rankings threads (in this forum) maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. Each position was addressed in a seperate thread, and as I recall, each postition was ranked by several contributors. If you can wait a few days, Lofunzo is putting together a compilation of rankings from 20 different members.
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 223)

Postby kage812004 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:13 pm

yeah, ive looked on here alot and ive seen a couple mock drafts and some pitcher rankings that were helpfull but not much for the position players. well hopefully the cafe will have there rankings soon, but if anyone wants to put there personal ones on here then that would be cool, if not then ill see what i can find. thanks.
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kentx12 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:35 pm

There are a few guys working on some rankings for each posistion right now and they should be up shortly. As far as mock drafts there are plenty of them going on now so you might want to take a look around. As far as Young I took him early 3rd round in an early post draft that I did a few weeks ago.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby dannahann » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:45 pm

kage812004 wrote:wow, some of u people on here are somthing else, i ask a honest question and simply ask if people want to leave there rankings and thats the response i get. sorry big man for my question, lol.

Why the animosity? I read and re-read the thread just above this and all it appeared Lebowski was doing was trying to help ya? The "search" we are referring to is located in the upper left of this page ... simply typing something like 'Shortstop rankings' and selecting this forum should yield a bunch of threads. Maybe this advice warrants a 'wow, some of u people on here' outburst from you too. If so, you got the wrong board. This is a great resource where the members are truely trying to help ya...not looking for a senseless cyberfight :-t
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 223)

Postby Rico The Retard » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:40 pm

just to get you to be quiet here are my top 25 SS rankings although im not completely done modifying them yet

Miguel Tejada
Michael Young
Derek Jeter
Nomar Garciaparra
Edgar Renteria
Jimmy Rollins
Carlos Guilen
Juan Uribe
Rafael Furcal
Cesar Izturis
Julio Lugo
Orlando Cabrera
Bobby Crosby
BJ Upton
Omar Vizquel
Khalil Greene
Pedro Feliz
Jose Reyes
David Eckstein
Jack Wilson
Kaz Matsui
Christian Guzman
Angel Berroa
Omar Infante
Alex Cintron
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby shortsavage » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:17 am

kage812004 wrote:wow, some of u people on here are somthing else, i ask a honest question and simply ask if people want to leave there rankings and thats the response i get. sorry big man for my question, lol.

I agree, some people here are pretty up tight.

Michael Young in the second round sounds reasonable to me. I'm not sure if I would take him then, but I wouldn't laugh if someone did.

I actually believe that shortstop is a lot more balanced now than it was during the last few years: A-Rod is no longer in competition with other shortstops, Nomar was not healthy last season and other young players have hit some rocky points in their careers.

Here are my top 20:

1 Miguel Tejada
2 Michael Young
3 Jimmy Rollins
4 Nomar Garciaparra
5 Derek Jeter
6 Rafael Furcal
7 Cesar Iztruris
8 Bobby Crosby
9 Edgar Renteria
10 Carlos Guillen
11 Jack Wilson
12 Khalil Green
13 Julio Lugo
14 B.J. Upton
15 Orlando Cabrera
16 Omar Vizquel
17 Christian Guzman
18 Angel Berroa
19 Alex Gonzalez
20 David Eckstein
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby eftda » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:54 am

What ar eyou guys bading your rankinsg on?

Young in the 3rd? with players like Lee, Halfner, Wilson, Delagdo still out there, I wouldn't touch Young.

C and SS are shallow this year, but I would rather take vaule over position.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers