Surviving growing up... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Surviving growing up...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:09 am

Tavish wrote:
This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever! The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL! And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

Not digress too much from the fun of reminiscence but...

Isn't this generation of risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors the same that are the lawyers and government that are regulating our lives? Aren't these great inventions and risks the reason the many of the joys from back then are not really around anymore?

Woah :-? I love Irony.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:05 am

Tavish wrote:
This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever! The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL! And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

Not digress too much from the fun of reminiscence but...

Isn't this generation of risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors the same that are the lawyers and government that are regulating our lives? Aren't these great inventions and risks the reason the many of the joys from back then are not really around anymore?

:-b ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:19 pm

kentx12 wrote:
Madison wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote: now if I could only quit smoking...

Staple your lips shut.

8-o

:-D

:-b

Great idea I have tried everything else... !+)

'Twas just a thought. O:-)

Lol. :-D

Bringing up days of childhood like this always reminds me of Jarts. Anyone else play with those great big lawn darts? Taught you reflexes and how to run real quick. Lol. :-b I remember messing with my mom one time when a bunch of us kids were playing with Jarts out in the front yard and came in for a drink. The conversation went something like this:

Mom------Madison, where's Timmy?
Madison---Um...well....Timmy's no longer with us.
Mom------What do you mean "no longer with us"?
Madison---Well......um.....it's Jarts mom, survival of the fittest, you know? Timmy was kinda slow.
Mom------OH MY GOD! *starts running for the door*
Madison---Mom, you really don't want to go out there and see that do you?
Mom-------Why didn't you guys come get me?
Madison----We were not done playing yet, he wasn't in the way anymore, and there really wasn't anything anyone could do.
Mom--------I've got to call his mother.
Madison----They are probably sitting down for dinner right now. Tell Timmy we said "Hi".

*All us kids start laughing*

Jarts were great fun, but I know they are basically illegal everywhere now. Dumb lawyers. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wkelly91 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:29 pm

Madison wrote:
kentx12 wrote:
Madison wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote: now if I could only quit smoking...

Staple your lips shut.

8-o

:-D

:-b

Great idea I have tried everything else... !+)

'Twas just a thought. O:-)

Lol. :-D

Bringing up days of childhood like this always reminds me of Jarts. Anyone else play with those great big lawn darts? Taught you reflexes and how to run real quick. Lol. :-b I remember messing with my mom one time when a bunch of us kids were playing with Jarts out in the front yard and came in for a drink. The conversation went something like this:

Mom------Madison, where's Timmy?
Madison---Um...well....Timmy's no longer with us.
Mom------What do you mean "no longer with us"?
Madison---Well......um.....it's Jarts mom, survival of the fittest, you know? Timmy was kinda slow.
Mom------OH MY GOD! *starts running for the door*
Madison---Mom, you really don't want to go out there and see that do you?
Mom-------Why didn't you guys come get me?
Madison----We were not done playing yet, he wasn't in the way anymore, and there really wasn't anything anyone could do.
Mom--------I've got to call his mother.
Madison----They are probably sitting down for dinner right now. Tell Timmy we said "Hi".

*All us kids start laughing*

Jarts were great fun, but I know they are basically illegal everywhere now. Dumb lawyers. :-/

And horseshoes are still legal :-?

Ever been hit in the head with one of those :*)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk